• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last issue values???

22 posts in this topic

I was just skimming through the new overstreet to check some prices for my brother ...when i turned to gijoe. I never realized this, but the last issue, #155, is actually the most expensive book in the entire run. Are there ANY other series' out there where the last issue is also the most valuable? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was just skimming through the new overstreet to check some prices for my brother ...when i turned to gijoe. I never realized this, but the last issue, #155, is actually the most expensive book in the entire run. Are there ANY other series' out there where the last issue is also the most valuable? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Last issues are oftentimes expensive. A couple of examples- The last Star Wars is expensive. It's not the most expensive book in the run, but it isn't cheap. The last issue of Akira is the most expensive book in that run.

Last issues are oftentimes expensive. A couple of examples- The last Star Wars is expensive. It's not the most expensive book in the run, but it isn't cheap. The last issue of Akira is the most expensive book in that run.

My next question then....which last issues are the hardest to come by, regardless of grade?

Check out the last issue of Vampirella (Magazine) Warren/Harris Pub. Ish. #113. Again not the most expensive but its up there. It seems this is mostly due to low print runs or distribution.

I've had a hard time finding the last issue of Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) #81

House of secrets #151 is 3rd to the end, but may be the hardest in that run.

Shiver, wanted to thank you for bringing this book to our attention some months ago. It was one of those often-overlooked Mike Golden stories + an Art Suydam story, with of course another great Kaluta cover. As luck would have it, I was nosing around the LCS bins yesterday, and managed to come across one: thumbsup2.gif

461451-HoS151.JPG

461451-HoS151.JPG.a5cc03128b4ea205db73fac7f499f27f.JPG

you are most welcome! Its pretty much a perfect book content wise and OF COURSE it has to be hard to find! 893frustrated.gif I look for that book constantly and have only turned up 3 copies in the last year. though i did pass on a fair, so i guess 4 copies. I suggest trying to find one now if you haven't, that book is just too cool to stay under the radar. I have suspicions the last issue is tough as well, but am not sure enough in that statement yet to say it is fact.

Oh, and as for under the radar there is an unlisted Marsall Rogers story in Weird War #52 thumbsup2.gif

yeah, but that sale seems like hype of the minute & is a file copy signed & all that.

I don't see too much future for it, but you never know confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, Flaming Carrot's last issue with the Herbie team up seems to turn up less then the others, maybe the print run was really low by then?

That Cerebus 300 sold for that much because it is a file copy, it is signed, it is/was the highest graded copy. I cannot see a copy going for that much again in the near future.

I am guessing you have a hoard of them.

No I just have two. One I bouhgt myself the other was a present from someone who didn't realise I already had a copy.

I'm just thinking to myself that the last hundred issues of cerebus's print run was down to around 6000 copies per issue. That's a pretty small number. Already the last ten issues are pretty hard to find even on ebay.

I'm just sayin that maybe in a couple years the last issue might go up at least a few dollars. I'm not sayin it will ever top Cerebus #1 in price. Isn't there like only 2000 copies of #1?

Anyone think Cerebus 300 will skyrocket eventually?

I would find it highly unlikely

Actually, it's way too early to tell. If we are comparing to Bronze Age last issues, we should really be thinking what the market for Cerebus final issues will be 20 years down the line.

Myself, I think #300 will be common due to all the hype and marketing and possible larger print run. The other later issues just before #300 may actually prove to be a lot tougher to obtain 20 or even 10 years down the line.

No I just have two. One I bouhgt myself the other was a present from someone who didn't realise I already had a copy.

I'm just thinking to myself that the last hundred issues of cerebus's print run was down to around 6000 copies per issue. That's a pretty small number. Already the last ten issues are pretty hard to find even on ebay.

I'm just sayin that maybe in a couple years the last issue might go up at least a few dollars. I'm not sayin it will ever top Cerebus #1 in price. Isn't there like only 2000 copies of #1?

I think it will go up a couple of dollars, i don't think it will get past $50 in the guide for many years.

Yes there were only 2000 copies of 1 printed.

The final ever comics published by Charlton from 1983 to February 1986 are all relatively scarce modern books.

There's about 20 different ones - often from obscure series and usually reprints - but all had very, very small print runs. There also very difficult to find in high grade because they were printed on toilet paper.

Of course, I've managed to build a full set - but it was challenging. One of my favs is Charlton Action: Featuring Static - with is an original Steve Ditko book - ran for two issues - no.11 and 12.

Of course, the logical extent to this is the Charlton Bullseye Special - which allegendly is so rare - it is now non-existent!