• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: CGC Slabs, Raws, Trades, Books, Mags, Toys, & More CLOSED

459 posts in this topic

Roll Tide, you mean??? :insane:

I wish the tide would roll like it did from 1988-1994 before my Irish faded from football glory like a popcorn fart in the wind. :cry:

Graduated undergrad from Illinois...so no love for the Irish....but the descent has been shockingly long-lived...think they are ever coming back in a meaningful way? Think it is just good for college ball generally for Notre Dame to be decent (as much as I hate to say that :P )

The main problem is that there are now sixteen full years of suck. Kids that are going to college now have never seen ND be good. Why would they want to go there? All I do is hope and pray it can be re-built. My freshman year was 1988. I didn't see a loss until my Sophomore year was almost over. :ohnoez:

lol It could be worse :gossip: I was mentioning in my last sales thread that Illinois did not win a single game my senior year...thank the football gods I got into a grad school that made life worth tailgating for again!

No one cares about the Irish anymore considering the top ones.

They all used to flock there so they could be seen on TV.

Now, they can be seen on TV at way better programs.

Suck that, Harmon.

No kidding...not that I will turn away the free revenue Nebraska brings, but c'mon...Notre Dame makes worlds of sense in the Big 10...11...I mean 12 :insane:

Notre Dame's position as the 800 lb. gorilla made this a no-win proposition monetarily for them for decades. Now, it may be the only thing that drags them back into prominance.

Suck that, Harmon.

Why are you so mean?

Suck that, Harmon.

Why are you so mean?

Because it's fun. Later, off to get some breakfast.

No kidding...not that I will turn away the free revenue Nebraska brings, but c'mon...Notre Dame makes worlds of sense in the Big 10...11...I mean 12 :insane:

Notre Dame's position as the 800 lb. gorilla made this a no-win proposition monetarily for them for decades. Now, it may be the only thing that drags them back into prominance.

I know...and now that the Big Ten is evened out with twelve teams they may not get the chance for a good while until more consolidation occurs. Pride the fatal flaw of Shakespeare and South Bend :preach: