• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Los Angeles

14 posts in this topic

I don't have high hopes that many dealers will be in attendance.
Agreed.

Wizard World is mainly for getting books sign & graded 2c

Wizard World in anahein use to get a solid turnout of dealers a few years back. I dont know why that has changed now.

Looks like the Wizard World Los Angeles show has moved to a "TBA" status based on their website. I guess we don't have to worry about finding a facilitator for this show then... :)
:mad:

Word last week from Chicago was that Wizard was very attentive to dealers needs and very open to ideas and criticism. Why is Wizard incapable of putting on a convention in LA as successful as Chicago? I find it perplexing...

If you checked the prices dealers have to pay for booths (Not counting the "big" dealers who sell many high dollar books) you'll see why Wizard has a hard time getting lower end dealers. Take Mid-Ohio Con for instance. Two booths there used to run about $900. Wizard's taken it over now and more than doubled the price, as well as highly increasing the cost of getting into the show, thereby lowering the amount of money to be spent at the dealers tables.

Wizard also has many more high profile media guests which take a lot of the money out of the room.

More power to the Dale's, Harley's, and Metropolis dealers of the world. But for us lower end people, it's a losing proposition.

Just my humble observation.

Just found about this Los angeles con

http://comikazeexpo.com/official-press-release-comikaze-expo-to-host-pre-event-party-supporting-%E2%80%9Cawkward-embraces%E2%80%9D-web-series-and-gamers-united-special-guest-dj-michelle-rodriguez/

They don`t seem to have much info on dealers so i would`nt buy a tiket until they post some.

WWLA & Anaheim 1-day ticket:

On-Site Price: $35.00 + Parking = Approx. $50 > Ridiculous

I don't know why the Wizard shows in So. Cal cost so much to attend when the big draws for them are the B & C-list starts that charge $25-$40 for an autograph.

I'd be interested in Comickaze but they don't list the full dealers or artists attending the event, they keep pushing Stan Lee and Elvira over and over though.