• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper's 1st SDCC report

60 posts in this topic

this photobucket thing not editing properly is really annoying

anyway, here's one weird chick. She kept asking me to buy her more Pledge, seriously she kept asking if I could buy her Pledge so she could clean more.

DSCF0254.jpg

You should have told her the cans work better if you point them away from you.

I'm a very shy individual and I want my picture removed from this thread immediately.

:makepoint:

Your nephew and you look alike.

;)

Good to finally meet you, Vaughn. It was 5 years in the making. Ever since I got snowed out of that trip to mid-Oho in 10/2006 I was wondering when our paths would cross. Unfortunately, this was a low alcohol week for me but we'll fix that one day.

(thumbs u

Glad you had a great time!

:applause:

anyway, here's one weird chick. She kept asking me to buy her more Pledge, seriously she kept asking if I could buy her Pledge so she could clean more.

DSCF0254.jpg

That is Family Guy brilliant!

(worship)

DSCF0254.jpg

That is Family Guy brilliant!

(worship)

^^

That's Kristin, she's manager of Southern California Comics. She was playing the part of Family Guy's maid, Consuela. She's also the Umpa-Lumpa in the following photo. She's awesome!!!!

Looks looser on the model than it did on the movie, did they modify it to fit the actor?

Absolutely. The guy wearing the costume is like 5'7" so it was a little large on him.

How heavy was that costume?

The bulk of it is manufactured from a eurethane product called dragonskin via sculpted molds. It is relatively lightweight, yet this was still about 25 pounds to wear.

DSCF0254.jpg

lol family guy costume owns

Aside from what I posted in my trooper thread in the GA forum, here's some other things that I bought:

The con exclusive Optimus Prime. Didn't stand in line for it, instead bought it off a dealer, he marked it up $30 but also had to wait in line for 3 hours to buy it.

DSCF0277.jpg

My third commission was done by this artist that worked mostly in chalk and pastels. He was tucked away in a corner of the convention and didn't get much traffic. I was able to grab two pieces (one commission and one already made) for what I consider a bargain. The artists name is David Norton, you can see more of his work here http://nortonart.tumblr.com/

DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0282.jpg

My third commission was done by this artist that worked mostly in chalk and pastels. He was tucked away in a corner of the convention and didn't get much traffic. I was able to grab two pieces (one commission and one already made) for what I consider a bargain. The artists name is David Norton, you can see more of his work here http://nortonart.tumblr.com/

DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0282.jpg

Damn that Rommel is awesome,I think it's time for me to break out the chalk & pad. hm

Should see it in a few weeks.

Famous last words.

I'm Vaughn, I'm always wright

Go kick his azz if he doesn't produce. Assuming Jeff isn't around.

Tucci will deliver, especially for a serviceman. :thumbsup:

And it was good to meet you, Vaughn.