• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man that's a rough VG+ Pep 22. VG+...really?

35 posts in this topic

So Harley was going to sell a book that wasn't even his? Am I understanding that correctly?

It's all good. I had the book on the wall in San Diego, Harley asked me what I was asking for it, he asked to borrow the book, I guess he put it up for sale, I told him I wanted to keep the book and he took it down.

I did have a price on the book and he did have it in his possession so it was kind of a consignment that we didn't communicate very clearly on.

Not a big deal at all.

Reading between the lines, I take it that you asked less than 17K for it, and he was trying to sell it. Then pay you off and keep the difference.

Is this right, or is it none of my business?

I mean this as politely as possible: it's really not anyone's business at the end of the day but you got the gist of it.

(thumbs u

Pretty sure that's the Diamond Run copy that sold on eBay last Oct

I missed this thread due to being on the road.

It is the Diamond Run copy. It's my copy and it wasn't really for sale by me. I had it in SD on the wall to attract a little attention. Harley asked if he could borrow it in SD but I guess he thought he had a buyer for the book and put it up on eBay.

Anyway, I've got the book back in my possession and am waiting to find a cover for it so that I can restore it properly.

:wishluck:

I mean this as politely as possible Roy, don't be so surprised that people have questions about a book that you own, that Harley borrowed and listed on Ebay, that you are going to restore, that he might have had a bidder for, that you might not have communicated with Harley exactly how best to handle this book.

It's your book, fine.

But for gods sake, don't chastise people for asking wtf the deal is once it was listed.

:P

So Harley was going to sell a book that wasn't even his? Am I understanding that correctly?

It's all good. I had the book on the wall in San Diego, Harley asked me what I was asking for it, he asked to borrow the book, I guess he put it up for sale, I told him I wanted to keep the book and he took it down.

I did have a price on the book and he did have it in his possession so it was kind of a consignment that we didn't communicate very clearly on.

Not a big deal at all.

So on a Pep 22, you were not sure if he wanted to borrow the book, or buy it, or consign it?

You are goofy Roy, god love ya.

But for gods sake, don't chastise people for asking wtf the deal is once it was listed.

:P

Oh, I'm not chastising people. It was just a strange circumstance and it's over and done with.

By the way, I love you all. Especially Kenny.

We need to bash knuckles again one day soon.

:shy:

That book is a CGC Blue .5 all day long.

+1

However, if it were to be restored...

more like a qualified .5 with "incomplete" noted on the CGC label. cream pages and half of the god damn cover is missing. it is incomplete.

It's actually closer to a 1/3 of the cover and those interior pages are off white to white at worst. The scanner just darkened them for some reason. One of the reasons I kept the book was because of how nice the pages actually were. Supple and near white. The nicest of any copy I have ever seen.

+1

more like a qualified .5 with "incomplete" noted on the CGC label. cream pages and half of the god damn cover is missing. it is incomplete.

It's actually closer to a 1/3 of the cover and those interior pages are off white to white at worst. The scanner just darkened them for some reason. One of the reasons I kept the book was because of how nice the pages actually were. Supple and near white. The nicest of any copy I have ever seen.

Having seen the book at SDCC I can say the pages are on par with any other I've seen, and the interior (Archie story) is what makes this valuable. The cover is incomplete but since it's well known that coverless books get a .5 I don't know why somebody would insist this book would get special (worse) treatment than any other. I understand the buyers' desire to quote likely CGC grades or inaccurate guide prices in the hopes of getting someone to sell a book for less than they're asking, but when a book is this rare, the dealer doesn't have the option of kindly saying "If you don't like this price, then feel free to buy some other copy for the price you want."

+1

Having seen the book at SDCC I can say the pages are on par with any other I've seen, and the interior (Archie story) is what makes this valuable. The cover is incomplete but since it's well known that coverless books get a .5 I don't know why somebody would insist this book would get special (worse) treatment than any other. I understand the buyers' desire to quote likely CGC grades or inaccurate guide prices in the hopes of getting someone to sell a book for less than they're asking, but when a book is this rare, the dealer doesn't have has the option of kindly saying "If you don't like this price, then feel free to buy some other copy for the price you want."

Fixed that for you

+1

Having seen the book at SDCC I can say the pages are on par with any other I've seen, and the interior (Archie story) is what makes this valuable. The cover is incomplete but since it's well known that coverless books get a .5 I don't know why somebody would insist this book would get special (worse) treatment than any other. I understand the buyers' desire to quote likely CGC grades or inaccurate guide prices in the hopes of getting someone to sell a book for less than they're asking, but when a book is this rare, the dealer doesn't have has the option of kindly saying "If you don't like this price, then feel free to buy some other copy for the price you want."

Fixed that for you

We were sayingessentially the same thing. By not having the option, I meant the dealer can't point to other copies available and suggest the buyer buy one of them.

+1

Fixed that for you

We were sayingessentially the same thing. By not having the option, I meant the dealer can't point to other copies available and suggest the buyer buy one of them.

(thumbs u