• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should this be qualified?

12 posts in this topic

Interior signatures almost never get qualified labels. I believe that Steve mentioned that if it is very large, it may, but I've never seen it. All the interior signed books that I've had graded have come back universal with a note on the label!

This comic has been graded by the CGC a 9.0 Very Fine-Near Mint (serial #0098835001). Here is your chance to get this rare 30¢ price variant in a high grade! This key comic is also signed by the famous writer Chris Claremont.

OK - I got out of work an hour or so ago and am zonked but have to wonder what OS Grading Guide says about "writing on interior pages". Since CGC only recognizes signings where they are present, this should be graded the same as if someone got a really flexible ruler, measured the total length of the signature, and then took the same book in the same condition and just scrawled a same length line acroos the same place the signatgure was written. Would it get the same grade? Enquiring Minds want to know! (Don't hate me, Steve.)

Overstreet Grading Guide says that creator autographs and owner signatures do not affect the grade below 9.8. I believe that CGC follows this rule.

This comic has been graded by the CGC a 9.0 Very Fine-Near Mint (serial #0098835001). Here is your chance to get this rare 30¢ price variant in a high grade! This key comic is also signed by the famous writer Chris Claremont.

OK - I got out of work an hour or so ago and am zonked but have to wonder what OS Grading Guide says about "writing on interior pages". Since CGC only recognizes signings where they are present, this should be graded the same as if someone got a really flexible ruler, measured the total length of the signature, and then took the same book in the same condition and just scrawled a same length line acroos the same place the signatgure was written. Would it get the same grade? Enquiring Minds want to know! (Don't hate me, Steve.)

Not an automatic.....how does the owner's signature on the Winnipeg pedigree fit in there? He certainly wasn't the creator, and the books all have blue labels.

If you are going to point out expections to my rules, then you are pointless!! 27_laughing.gif

I think they are universal because they are an integral part of identifying the pedigree.

So how was that BS answer???

I should have said "In GENERAL...." makepoint.gif

Books only get green labels if the signatures purport to be by the creator. Owner signatures do not get the green, ever.

If you are going to point out expections to my rules, then you are pointless!! 27_laughing.gif

I think they are universal because they are an integral part of identifying the pedigree.

If you are going to point out exceptions to my rules, then you are pointless!! 27_laughing.gif

Just so you know....I wasn't trying to be a smart assss! 27_laughing.gif

If you are going to point out exceptions to my rules, then you are pointless!! 27_laughing.gif

Just so you know....I wasn't trying to be a smart assss! 27_laughing.gif

Youi didn't do a good job. tongue.gif