• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian Bale in Batman suit VS Bane ON SET! Dark Knight Rises

77 posts in this topic

I've said this before, why is Bane so small? He is thinner than Christian Bale?

... my thoughts exactly. That being said, I think this movie will be awesome. No one could possibly be as large as Bane. We would need CGI to match the comics, and no one wants to see CGI in this movie.

Get a Michael Clark Duncan size guy.

I am sure there are some very large people out there with similar size and mass to comic book bane but they probably can't act.

I am sure they fix some of it in post, but they must have a ton of lines for bane to go with an actor that is so much smaller than the batman.

Hardy seemed to have potential in that Bronson movie. Perhaps an '80s Schwarzenegger type would have worked. I doubt there are many of those types that could even speak a few lines in a film, though. Arnold hardly could.

After a quick read of the Jones wiki...if they wanted to cast a real life bane, that was the choice.

Jones might have worked. His movies have been duds from what I can tell. Still, that probably isn't his fault.

Loads of spy pics and spoilers are floating around today. Some giving away big twists in the movie. I'm surprised that Warner Bros and Nolan didn't have better security during the shoot.

Haven't really been into Bane since day of hearing he would be the villain, then when I saw who was cast and especially after seeing stills of the character in costume... But maybe it will turn out great. I'm not sure Bane needs to be a great actor as long as you don't use him like they did in Batman and Robin. :sick:

Bane needs to appear intelligent, and it may take a great actor to make him look that way. I think Hardy will pull off that part nicely.

After a quick read of the Jones wiki...if they wanted to cast a real life bane, that was the choice.

The Giant Dude that Brad Pitt killed at the beginning of "Troy"?

Perfect look..He's been in a few films, including the new Conan flick.

zstorageNathanpi2.jpg

I always felt Nathan Jones was the perfect choice if Bane was ever to be used in a movie but maybe that he should have his voice dubbed by a better actor.

Put an eye-patch on him and you have Sagat :whistle:

zstorageNathanpi2.jpg

I like the way this guy looks too, but the problem is, all he can do is grunt. They need someone who can actually act.

I hate the new Bat suit, but the way. It's getting worse with every film.

zstorageNathanpi2.jpg

I like the way this guy looks too, but the problem is, all he can do is grunt. They need someone who can actually act.

personally, i don't need a bane that can act. i'd rather have a supersized bane fighting, than talking

I know nothing about Bane but didn't he take a serum of some kind to increase his size & strength?

Could this be pre-serum Bane?

Do we see some sort of scarring on the back of his neck?

zstorageNathanpi2.jpg

personally, i don't need a bane that can act. i'd rather have a supersized bane fighting, than talking

We've had that before.... did work out too well.

I am completely ok with a more "real life version of bane" who is more cerebral than menacing hulking figure. This could be pre Venom Bane or it could be the Venom serum gives you super human strength but not necessarily size.

I know nothing about Bane but didn't he take a serum of some kind to increase his size & strength?

Could this be pre-serum Bane?

Do we see some sort of scarring on the back of his neck?

Very interesting idea... hm

If I remember correctly from the comic Bane is actually very vocal and somewhat genius yeah?

That is correct, he was potrayed as a very astute tactician but his handling in the latter half of Knightfall against Az-Bats was pretty poor IMO. But it also showed that as intelligent as he is his reliance on drug use to enhance performance led to his downfall, this was rectified in Vengeance of Bane II: The Redemption.

If Nolan draws on Vengance of Bane I & II, the first part of Knightfall, Bane of the Demon and his recent stint in Secret Six he has a wealth of material to use.

I'm done seeing video clips & pics of this movie, I want to be surprised when I sit down in the cinema next year, I've seen too much already!