• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian Bale in Batman suit VS Bane ON SET! Dark Knight Rises

77 posts in this topic

If I remember correctly from the comic Bane is actually very vocal and somewhat genius yeah?

That is correct, he was potrayed as a very astute tactician but his handling in the latter half of Knightfall against Az-Bats was pretty poor IMO. But it also showed that as intelligent as he is his reliance on drug use to enhance performance led to his downfall, this was rectified in Vengeance of Bane II: The Redemption.

If Nolan draws on Vengance of Bane I & II, the first part of Knightfall, Bane of the Demon and his recent stint in Secret Six he has a wealth of material to use.

I'm done seeing video clips & pics of this movie, I want to be surprised when I sit down in the cinema next year, I've seen too much already!

They can't even get a decent Bat-mobile. You want a true-to-form Bane.

The Giant Dude that Brad Pitt killed at the beginning of "Troy"?

Perfect look..He's been in a few films, including the new Conan flick.

IMDB says he's 6' 11" and 360...if he can ever learn to act, he should play a villain in every action movie. :o

If I remember correctly from the comic Bane is actually very vocal and somewhat genius yeah?

That is correct, he was potrayed as a very astute tactician but his handling in the latter half of Knightfall against Az-Bats was pretty poor IMO. But it also showed that as intelligent as he is his reliance on drug use to enhance performance led to his downfall, this was rectified in Vengeance of Bane II: The Redemption.

If Nolan draws on Vengance of Bane I & II, the first part of Knightfall, Bane of the Demon and his recent stint in Secret Six he has a wealth of material to use.

I'm done seeing video clips & pics of this movie, I want to be surprised when I sit down in the cinema next year, I've seen too much already!

I must admit to not knowing a huge amount about the later developments regarding the Bane character but initially I saw him as a slightly re-tooled version of the KGBeast. Similar skill set but instead of being enhanced with cybernetics Bane got his freak on using the Super Steroid Venom...

batman_682_1353008a.jpg

batman2_682_1353010a.jpg

HOLY wedding snaps, Batman.

A newlywed couple ensure they have a unique memento of their big day — by posing for a photo on top of a Batmobile.

The bride and groom paused for the pic on the set of The Dark Knight Rises yesterday after getting hitched nearby.

They tied the knot at St Paul's Cathedral, in Oakland, Pennsylvania, just yards from where the latest instalment of the caped crusader's series is being filmed.

Crew were happy to allow the lovers to climb on to the camouflage vehicle, known as The Tumbler.

That's a nice thing to do for the newlyweds...

Would have been nicer if they let them "get busy" inside the tumbler. Now that would be one hell of a story to tell your child where they were conceived. You were created in the Batmobile! lol

I think Bane looks terrible, and I've questioned from the beginning, out of all the Batman villains to choose from, why did they even bother to pick him.

If its the Bane character that was introduced in the Vengence of Bane; its an excellent choice.

If its the grunting, Man-Mountain from the Batman movie, its a terrible choice.

I'm guessing Nolan's Bane will be much closer to the former than the latter.

I know nothing about Bane but didn't he take a serum of some kind to increase his size & strength?

Could this be pre-serum Bane?

Do we see some sort of scarring on the back of his neck?

My thoughts as well. Could it be a Hannibal Lector type of mask?