• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRETTY BOOKS FOR 4/24 FF/XMEN

8 posts in this topic

here are 2 that i selected from my recent CGC returns. while not as rare as that FF #11, these are nonetheless pretty decent copies of some books that aren't seen everyday on the boards. as usual, purchased by me 40 years ago when they first hit the stands. enjoy............

FF#25 9.2 ow

X-men#3 9.4 ow

1082682684343_FF_25.jpg

1084047006185_X_MEN_3.jpg

Harry, one thing I can't figure out is why you didn't write all over the covers of your books like everyone else did back then. Comic collectors back in the day must have thought that you were one weird duck, with your pristine, non-scrawled copies. 27_laughing.gif

Great books. I wish I could put the spine of your FF #25 on my copy. If I could do that, it'd be a 9.6.

Which reminds me -- I know that lots of books from various pedigrees contain wear and/or markings that are common to the pedigree. For example, Recil Macons, D copies, and Edgar Church books have the writing, Reilly has the rubber stamp or arrival dates, and Larsons have the writing and the dust shadows/foxing. Is there a certain kind of wear that is common in your books, from the way you stored them? Anything that could be used to identify them if you sold them and broke up the collection one day?

For that book, it would have been funnier if you had added writing that said "DIE HOOKERS DIE!!!!" or something like that. Dark humor, to be sure, but funny nonetheless.