• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlas Comics + Customer Service

4 posts in this topic

Back in the beginning of June I purchased some of the new Atlas books from their online store. I finally got them today after almost 2 months. I was getting a little impatient waiting for them and was glad to see they showed up.

Inside the package was a handwritten note, from Jason Goodman (along with a business card), which said "Thanks for your patience and support. Enjoy the bonus materials! All the best! Jason".

So after checking the order, against the contents, I found an extra 6 books in there.

I had ordered the following:

Grim Ghost #0 NYCC

Grim Ghost # 1

Grim Ghost #1 Sketch Variant

Grim Ghost #1 Kapow Sketch Variant

Grim Ghost #2

Grim Ghost #2 Online Variant

Phoenix #1

Phoenix #1 Sketch Variant

Wulf #1

Wulf #1 Sketch Variant

The extras were:

Grim Ghost #3

Phoenix #0 NYCC

Phoenix #1 Kapow Sketch Variant

Phoenix #2

Phoenix #3

Atlas Original Retailer Sampler

All books were bagged and boarded and the quality looks real nice. I was a fan of Atlas back in their first incarnation, but, these books look solid. It was nice to see that the customer service was very good, making up for a delay in shipping with the extra books and a personal note. It is nice to see companies take care of customers, even in the smallest way.

AtlasNote.jpg

Grim Ghost is very intriguing. The story is very good so far, but, the art is a bit lacking. Some of the faces just don't look right. I give the story an A and the art a B-

Phoenix also has a good plot going so far. The art is better than the Grim Ghost. I give the Story an A- and the art a B+.

Wulf has the best art by far and the story shows some promise, but, I would need to read the next couple of issues to get a feel for where it is heading. I only have the first issue right now. Story gets a B (for now) and the art gets an A.