• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Valuation hehe

48 posts in this topic

Do basically my GSXM 1 sucks for the grade :( Can I ever get good news?
Diving in head first Into unknown waters doesn't always go so well.

You got good news. Your comic received a higher grade than it should have...it might experienced some shaken slab syndrome....happens all the time.

It's still a great looking copy.

You got good news. Your comic received a higher grade than it should have...it might experienced some shaken slab syndrome....happens all the time.

Problem is I paid for a 9.2, albeit on the low side. $850

Consider yourself lucky to have gotten that book graded 9.2,if it was raw I would say that's in the 8.0/8.5 area.Just sayin' 2c

It's nowhere near an 8.0. People almost universally tend to undergrade in these forums when using blown-up scans of defects. CGC doesn't downgrade much for those bindery tears on his copy, and they look tiny, probably in the 1/16" to 1/8" range.

How is it a problem if you paid for a 9.2? That's what you got.

Consider yourself lucky to have gotten that book graded 9.2,if it was raw I would say that's in the 8.0/8.5 area.Just sayin' 2c

It's nowhere near an 8.0. People almost universally tend to undergrade in these forums when using blown-up scans of defects. CGC doesn't downgrade much for those bindery tears on his copy, and they look tiny, probably in the 1/16" to 1/8" range.

..True but it is a weak 9.2,..pressing would still be a risk on this book between the PQ and possible down grade to 9.0,...plus you have the price of pressing a book of this value ranging between $50-$75,...I just don't see it being a good canidate,..

There is a lesson to be learned in all of this.

Bad news if you're only in it for the quick flip, good news if you simply want to own a very nice copy of a desirable key book.

...it already is a very nice copy,...there is no reason to press it unless you were going to flip it,...crack your slabs and it will set you free brother,...

Bad news if you're only in it for the quick flip, good news if you simply want to own a very nice copy of a desirable key book.

...it already is a very nice copy,...there is no reason to press it unless you were going to flip it,...crack your slabs and it will set you free brother,...

I wasn't suggesting he press it.

I don't think this book will get a higher grade after a press.

+1

A press is not time machine

Mine is. I do need to upgrade, though. Mine still runs on plutonium, and despite being 2011, it's not quite available on every street corner just yet...

I'm not. I might try to sell it at break even at some point, just to pick up something else.

Too bad, Rent-A-Center does have comics in their line-ups yet ...

I beg to differ,I've seen better 8.5s than this 9.2.Of course the pics are not very good,would rather of seen scans of the book.

You should roll the dice and press it. Maybe it comes back lower. Maybe it comes back the same or higher. But you only live once - might as well keep things interesting.

Besides, can you imagine the reaction here if you got it back as a 9.4 with white pages? :roflmao:

I don't think this book will get a higher grade after a press.

Could be the case, I thought perhaps the corners could be improved. Obviously the dings where paper separates can't be fixed. Maybe Joey can give his input.

The 9.2 was a gift grade with that chunk out of the spine. 50/50 chance that after a nice pressing it comes back an 8.0.

Take it out of the case, get a thousand or so 90's books and place them on top of the book - make sure you place all of the books in direct sunlight and leave them like that for about 3 years.

Then come back here and post some updated pictures.