• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Action #1 - saw it in the Color Gallery

9 posts in this topic

I bought this book years ago. Then I saw it in this year's Overstreet Color Gallery and it prompted me to pull it out and see what you all think... I know the back is not too clean but I've never done the "wonderbread" thing so I don't know if it's an old wives tale or if it's the real deal. I'll post the front and then I'll post the back. Let me know what you think...

Capt_Action_Front.jpg

I'd agree with both of the previous posters, in a sense... Right now, it's a 7.0 or so. With a little WonderBread, that back cover could be a lot cleaner and probably catch a 7.5 or even 8.0 on a really good day...

Do a search for WonderBread and follow the simple instructions. It's not an old wives tale - old wives only feed WonderBread to their old husbands, they don't clean their original-owner comic book collections with it...

Don't use Wonder Bread! Spend five bucks and get a Gonzo Wonder Sponge!!! http://www.gemmary.com/restore.html#DRY

I'd agree with both of the previous posters, in a sense... Right now, it's a 7.0 or so. With a little WonderBread, that back cover could be a lot cleaner and probably catch a 7.5 or even 8.0 on a really good day...

Do a search for WonderBread and follow the simple instructions. It's not an old wives tale - old wives only feed WonderBread to their old husbands, they don't clean their original-owner comic book collections with it...

What do you mean by "goo stuff"? The thing I linked to is a dry erasure sponge. One thing I have used to remove some transference dirt is a kneaded artist's eraser. It worked fine and didn't remove any of the gloss either. I think Rocketeer (or maybe it was someone else) used some Wonder Bread on the back of one if his books with success, but I don't like the idea of putting anything that could foster mold growth on one of my books.

Have you used this goo stuff before? I'm just worried I'll make it worse than it already is...