• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More than 1 registered set for a title

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone have more than one registered set for a particular title? I have doubles of every book in my UA registry set, and I could easily put together a second registry set for that title. Has anybody done this in the past? Are people all right with this practice, or do they consider having 2 registered sets for the same title kind of a move?

Does anyone have more than one registered set for a particular title? I have doubles of every book in my UA registry set, and I could easily put together a second registry set for that title. Has anybody done this in the past? Are people all right with this practice, or do they consider having 2 registered sets for the same title kind of a move?

Lots of people do it. I don't think it is frowned upon at all (as long as you actually own the books :D). I used to do it to list my doubles as trade bait for others i was looking for. Bosco has a ton of sets where he has the first and second or two of the top three of four sets in a category.

Lots of people do it. I don't think it is frowned upon at all (as long as you actually own the books :D). I used to do it to list my doubles as trade bait for others i was looking for. Bosco has a ton of sets where he has the first and second or two of the top three of four sets in a category.

Cool. I wasn't sure if it would be considered showboating or not to have the #1 and #2 sets for a particular title.

+1

I dont think its frowned upon at all or considered a move. I've seen lots of people with sets of theirs doubles on the registry. I have a bunch of HG early Iron Mans and actually have 4 different Iron Man sets listing all of my copies. Like Sean said, i do it partly so someone may see it and offer to buy/trade them but also because i wants the points for my registry. hey, i paid for them so i might as well get the points for them (shrug)

+1

I dont think its frowned upon at all or considered a move. I've seen lots of people with sets of theirs doubles on the registry. I have a bunch of HG early Iron Mans and actually have 4 different Iron Man sets listing all of my copies. Like Sean said, i do it partly so someone may see it and offer to buy/trade them but also because i wants the points for my registry. hey, i paid for them so i might as well get the points for them (shrug)

Good point. I forgot about the registry points. I just added my second set and my total points nearly doubled. :whee:

I have two of each set listed when I can.

Twin sons, so one set per each son which was named after each until I just went with "The Boys" and "The Boys 2" sets. It was getting a little tough with named sets, and figuring out who would get a #1 ranked set and who would get a #2 ranked set.

I'll let them work it out many years from now. :eek: