• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is right in this ebay disagreement

14 posts in this topic

I see a book described as Tales to Astonish 83,but the headline says starring The Silver Surfer.Photo is of TTA 93,featuring the Surfer. In the description it says book features the Surfer. So I bid and win-and recieve a copy of #83,with no Surfer in book at all.Seller says he sent the book I bid on asper the ebay title. Offered refund if I ship book back. The roundtrip shipping is almost what I paid for the book.Just wondering what you think of this situation. Maybe someone has an out of the box solution that will make everyone happy. He has the 93,as that is the book he scanned. Which should take precedent-the ebay title listing or the combo of photo and description.

I THINK, but am not 100% sure, that YOU are right. You can email SafeHarbor and tell them that you bids on the comic in the picture.

I did the same thing one time. I listed a TOS #82 but had TOS #87 in the pic. The Buyer wanted the 87. So I sent him the #87 plus an extra one, # 99( reader) and a refund cheque just to keep him happy.

Let us know how this turns out.

CAL

He's completely in the wrong here....

The pic and description described a TOA #93. He should provide a TOA #93. He should pay for shipping both ways and provide a refund....or provide the #93, pay for shpping it, and pay for shipping #83 back.

It's his screw-up not your's. I'd be firm on this and I believe eBay would take your side in this matter......unless of course he's a power seller..... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

What's wrong with power sellers?..... 893naughty-thumb.gif...some of us are pretty honest people.....I have to go the King Solomon route here,....your're both screwed up ( sorry Shad)....you should have e-mailed him and requested him to specify the book on sale,....but the seller is just as much at fault cause he got sloppy with his auction listings.....

I would keep the book you got,....and send him money for the #93, If you still want it,............and the seller should at least throw in the shipping cost,...JMHBWO

I have to go the King Solomon route here,....your're both screwed up ( sorry Shad)....you should have e-mailed him and requested him to specify the book on sale,....but the seller is just as much at fault cause he got sloppy with his auction listings.....

thumbsup2.gif

I see a book described as Tales to Astonish 83,but the headline says starring The Silver Surfer.Photo is of TTA 93,featuring the Surfer. In the description it says book features the Surfer. So I bid and win-and recieve a copy of #83,with no Surfer in book at all.Seller says he sent the book I bid on asper the ebay title. Offered refund if I ship book back. The roundtrip shipping is almost what I paid for the book.Just wondering what you think of this situation. Maybe someone has an out of the box solution that will make everyone happy. He has the 93,as that is the book he scanned. Which should take precedent-the ebay title listing or the combo of photo and description.

I bet he prints out the Ebay invoice and uses that to pack up his stuff. It only shows the title. Could be an honest mistake. You should insist on getting the 93. That is clearly what the auction was for.

Both are wrong and both are right. If I were buying and saw wrong picture with title, I would email to confirm. The seller made a mistake, but buyer made a mistake in assuming.

Had I emailed the seller,he might have corrected the listing and I believe the amount of people surfing for a #93 would have been greater,hence more competition.

Although some disagree,I dont feel responsible for correcting other peoples errors.If my long years of experiance allow me to see thru a sellers mistake and take advantage of it,so be it. He was not some newcomer but a person with almost 700 comic transactions.

Based on the picture and description he has,I believe,a valid contract to seller me the #93. That is the book he scanned and described.Should he want the #83 returned,he should pay for the shipping and ship my #93 for free.

Shad: I hear ya re: correcting other people's errors, but isn't that what you're now trying to do, retroactively?

I've seen many instances of incorrect listings, and always steer clear... for the very reason that you're expounding upon here.

Here's hoping you get what you wanted...

Had I emailed the seller,he might have corrected the listing and I believe the amount of people surfing for a #93 would have been greater

I see mistakes on both sides. The auction itself was ambiguous (I still haven't been able to find it and did all manner of searches - got the ebay Number?)

But with what you just said, you elected to, while recognizing the ambiguity of the auction, make it the way you would prefer it to be.