• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trouble in Gotham's marshes: A picture I just finished

23 posts in this topic

I've wanted to do a Scarecrow & Solomon Grundy picture for awhile. So, I sat down at the drawing table a few weeks ago and started sketching. I added Clayface to the mix. "Trouble in Gotham's Swamps"? lol

I literally just finished this one today. I got on a roll and didn't let up. Thanks for letting me share it. Like the Captain America picture, it won't see the light of day hanging on a wall in my house. lol My wife would draw the line. But, it's fun to do and kind of theraputic.

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

Pleasure.

I don't do it as much as I would like due to family, work, etc. I tend to paint more but those are landscapes, etc. Occasionally I do a superhero painting which I have shared more than once here. (They've all went to nephew's except a small Darkseid which sits somewhere in my little studio. )

But drawing these is always fun even though I may stew on a mental sketch forever before I put it to paper. I tried to grab my Marvel/DC Encyclopedias and open to a random page and create a drawing on a character there but that hasn't worked out. lol I tend to cheat and then not do it.

Thanks for the comment!

You should be drawing professionally

Thanks! Back in 1984 I was thinking just that. But fate intervened and that's not how the path went. No regrets.

Now I'm thinking about what my next drawing will be. I do have a painting (landscape) to finish. I've always wanted to do a JLA picture/painting.