• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PUNISHER #1 BLANK MEGA THREAD

41 posts in this topic

Not really shocking. Me and Tim talked about this a bit. And it seems that they just really don't care. Must be a cost thing. What was suggested is that I organize a mailer to the big wigs at Marvel from all the collectors, cause that is where they might make notice.

However, Marvel doesn't make a dime on the sketches we get, or the characters we get on them. So what interest do they have?

Anyone have a link to the print runs of various comics, I used to have it but I don't now.

Not really shocking. Me and Tim talked about this a bit. And it seems that they just really don't care. Must be a cost thing. What was suggested is that I organize a mailer to the big wigs at Marvel from all the collectors, cause that is where they might make notice.

However, Marvel doesn't make a dime on the sketches we get, or the characters we get on them. So what interest do they have?

Anyone have a link to the print runs of various comics, I used to have it but I don't now.

Well in theory woundn't they stand to make more money if those covers were of good quality and thereby more people would buy them for sketches??? Send that letter and thanks!!

Yeah, without a doubt I've seen artists and reps on here say flatout, "If you want color, only this, this, and this cover is an option."

On some level hit has to hurt sales, though the numbers might be negligible. I've always wondered whether or not they even talk about such things, and whether or not they have their eyes and ears pointed at the collecting community as a whole.

If I were any publisher I would have reps posting on the CGC board and others regularly. I'm sure they have their own forum, but the people who post directly on the Marvel forum might not be a good representation of the collecting community as a whole.

Send that letter and thanks!!

The problem with this letter is I need all of you to sign it, I need everyone interested to sign it, and I don't really know how to do this. I suppose there is some sort of online petition, but I dunno. I am not the 'protest' type.

If we can find a way to get a letter rocking, I can help with those whom I know who would have an interest.

Send that letter and thanks!!

The problem with this letter is I need all of you to sign it, I need everyone interested to sign it, and I don't really know how to do this. I suppose there is some sort of online petition, but I dunno. I am not the 'protest' type.

If we can find a way to get a letter rocking, I can help with those whom I know who would have an interest.

Certainly we can come up with ideas. I'm wondering if a list of customers and artists in the industry would have a greater impact.

I'm also thinking from a marketing standpoint blank sketch covers have a greater importance than their individual sales. Collectors from everywhere admiring the works of many different artists is free advertising of Marvel's characters. And even for the few non-marvel characters drawn on their books here and there, they still have the logo of Marvel's sketch comic.

Here's a commission I just finished. An interpretation of Bradstreet's great Punisher #1 cover.

RE: the stock. For me it wasn't as bad as Spider-man, but no where near as good as X-Men. I pencil pretty loosely, ink, erase pencils and then do markers. The erasing did take some ink with it that I had to go back and re-ink.

My second Punisher recreation in a row. I did Spider-man #129 and psoted it in the Spider-man thread.

Hope you like it.

punisher.jpg

Here's a commission I just finished. An interpretation of Bradstreet's great Punisher #1 cover.

RE: the stock. For me it wasn't as bad as Spider-man, but no where near as good as X-Men. I pencil pretty loosely, ink, erase pencils and then do markers. The erasing did take some ink with it that I had to go back and re-ink.

My second Punisher recreation in a row. I did Spider-man #129 and psoted it in the Spider-man thread.

Hope you like it.

punisher.jpg

(worship)

This favorite of yours so far Cal.