• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Official Proof you were a Comic Fan Prior to 1979" thread!

117 posts in this topic

Definite proof! Youngsters today wouldn't know what the heck a reel to reel is.

They got it made. Everything imaginable has a remote control now. *I* used to be the remote for the TV, radio, percolator, winter car starter, etc. At least I can sit on my azz now and feel justified.

I remember my brother and I had the toy batmobile from the adam west batman show. We also had a big heavy plastic batman mask that fit over our heads like a helmet. It was actually painful to wear. I wish I still had it though.

Here it is. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ideal-Batman-Blue-Plastic-Helmet-Adam-West-TV-1966-HTF-/190538187740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5cf603dc

I remember my brother and I had the toy batmobile from the adam west batman show. We also had a big heavy plastic batman mask that fit over our heads like a helmet. It was actually painful to wear. I wish I still had it though.

Here it is. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ideal-Batman-Blue-Plastic-Helmet-Adam-West-TV-1966-HTF-/190538187740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5cf603dc

I had that mask as well. It was pretty uncomfortable, but it was very cool.

I still have the Corgi Batmobile, with a repro box I got from eBay. Those Corgi cars were the best.

While not a comic shirt this Wacky Package one does prove that I'm an old fart.

3rdgrade.jpg

I also had the Batman helmet, with the cape. I still have the helmet somewhere but I beat the cape to death in my adventures. I'll have to get one of my parents to send me the Christmas pic when I got it cuz the cool box is in the pic.

While not a comic shirt this Wacky Package one does prove that I'm an old fart.

3rdgrade.jpg

I also had the Batman helmet, with the cape. I still have the helmet somewhere but I beat the cape to death in my adventures. I'll have to get one of my parents to send me the Christmas pic when I got it cuz the cool box is in the pic.

Never knew they made Wacky Packages shirts back in the day. Now I'm extremely jealous. :(

Tupenny, it looks like you were in the newspaper at an early age. Care to explain the context? :shrug:

Well, sure! It was Halloween!

:tonofbricks:

:lol:

:foryou: