• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Wanted to update my profile photo, anyway; so figured I should scan the whole piece (or as much as would fit on my scanner) and post it here.  Preliminary sketch from one of the stories done for foreign markets after surgery restored Mayer's eyesight:

Sugar_Spike_Splash.jpg

That is very cool!

14 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Wanted to update my profile photo, anyway; so figured I should scan the whole piece (or as much as would fit on my scanner) and post it here.  Preliminary sketch from one of the stories done for foreign markets after surgery restored Mayer's eyesight:

Sugar_Spike_Splash.jpg

Nice profile update :golfclap: i wonder if many members will recognize who it is ??

19 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Sugar_Spike_Splash.jpg

^^:cloud9::golfclap:

I'm actually quite disappointed  in myself for buying this issue, i could have returned it but it was my fault.....

like almost all early issues, #17 is probably near non-existent in higher grades and so i need this issue and i bought this off eBay 

although it is structurally nice, probably mailing creased 4.0 or so , i did not scrutinize the scans as close as i should have and overlooked the washed out top half of the cover which should be deep blue,... not grey.

there was another thread recently about the phenomenon of 1950 DC, comic ink blues turning grey over time due to sunlight or other factors .. as it was not the sellers fault as the scan was an accurate picture. i will keep this and look for a nicer issue if it ever comes along

DSCN3604 - Edited.jpg

Edited by 1950's war comics

9 hours ago, Silver said:

How close are you getting to 1-30?

Hi Silver i just picked up a couple from eBay this week ,, VGish - #25 and #29 ! when they arrive in the mail i'll post a photo, 

i don't have too many between 21-30 yet as i just recently decided to go up to #30.......

i need #9 and 18 and a #17 upgrade someday, see post above :sorry:

Edited by 1950's war comics