• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A fair asking price for Swamp Thing 7 (cgc 9.6)?

21 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's the going rate for thi book in 9.6?

Although I have a very nice raw copy for reading, I was thinking of picking up a hi-grade slabbed copy as well. This has always been one of my favorite BA Batman stories. A few places have this book including eBay. I was thinking of extending an offer, but I didn't want to appear as I was low balling (gotta be fair after all).

I noticed that Heritage sold a 9.6 for $101 (including BP) last month, but wasn't sure if that was just an anomaly or was the typical going price these days.

Just had to update this post. I don't know if it's just the situation with the power outages here on the the east coast (I'm on my IPad right now) or that interest in this book is at an all time low. I just won this book over at Heritage for only $75 ($89 w/BP). It's a pedigree too. Savannah copy 9.6 OWW pages. Unbelievable.

Now if I can only get a supply of ice tomorrow so all the meat in the freezer doesn't go bad. power has been out for most of the day.

Just had to update this post. I don't know if it's just the situation with the power outages here on the the east coast (I'm on my IPad right now) or that interest in this book is at an all time low. I just won this book over at Heritage for only $75 ($89 w/BP). It's a pedigree too. Savannah copy 9.6 OWW pages. Unbelievable.

you got a great deal, but two factors in how, many people are turned off by BP at heritage, and many people are turned off by the savannah pedigree due to PQ. hopefully your power gets restored soon. :wishluck:

Yeah. That BP really irks me. If it wasn't such a relatively low cost item, I might have been a liitle more resistant. I think the PQ is not too bad though, pedigree or not though.

swampthing7.jpg

There's a Suscha News 9.6 over at Comicconnect that has W pages, but the wrap wasn't as good. I did make an offer of $170 to the seller, but he countered with $196, which I thought was still a bit high. This Savannah was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up.

Yeah. That BP really irks me. If it wasn't such a relatively low cost item, I might have been a liitle more resistant. I think the PQ is not too bad though, pedigree or not though.

swampthing7.jpg

There's a Suscha News 9.6 over at Comicconnect that has W pages, but the wrap wasn't as good. I did make an offer of $170 to the seller, but he countered with $196, which I thought was still a bit high. This Savannah was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up.

That's a gorgeous copy, and definitely nothing wrong with the page quality. Nice pickup! (thumbs u

I'm beginning to think I'm becoming a hoarder with this book. I put a low tracker bid ($30) on a 9.0 over at Heritage and was surprised I actually won it for $28.

OK, its not a 9.6 nor is it a pedigree, but it is an old label with White pages and pretty decent PQ.

swampthing_9.0_sm.jpg

Not whether I should be happy that I picked it up at such a great price or sad knowing this book is not as popular as it should be.

Some time ago - probably back in the late 70s or early 80s I bought a mess of Swampies. Two or three mid grade #1s and roughly ten or so copies of #2 - #10. I recently decided to sub the best of what I had left. Still have 5 or 6 copies of #7. Here are some others from that same bunch. I think the #6 should have been better but probably shouldn't have subbed it. I also have 5 books from the bunch that were signed by Wrightson for Signature Series that should be graded this week. That includes 3 copies of #9. I really have no clue where I got them but I'm pretty sure it was mail order - maybe an ad from The Buyers Guide.

The Wein/Wrightson run has always been one of the favorite of any comic series. I have a HOS #92 hidden away in one of my boxes that I remember to be a solid copy. If I ever dig it out, I might sub it to go along with these.

I still have some beat issues that my brother and I bought off the stands when we were kids. I was a pack rat even back then.

swampthing3cgc98ow-w.jpg

swampthing6cgc85white.jpg

swampthing9cgc98white.jpg

swampthing10cgc98ow-w.jpg