• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nerd Nation

8 posts in this topic

Did anyone catch McFarlane this week on Nerd Nation (Tech TV)? I only caught the last 10 minutes or so. The collector with the 1400+ Spawn action figure collection....obviously single, only works at Pizza Hut...hmmm striking parallels with some comic collectors I know... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did anyone ever see that speacial they did with Mike Tyson a few years back? I forgot who the host was, but Tyson pulled out his massive X-Men figure collection and started playing with them on national television. Way too funny. insane.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Did anyone catch McFarlane this week on Nerd Nation (Tech TV)? I only caught the last 10 minutes or so. The collector with the 1400+ Spawn action figure collection....obviously single, only works at Pizza Hut...hmmm stricking parallels with some comic collectors I know... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif I quit Pizza Hut long ago...Pizza Inn is happening babeee!! 27_laughing.gif

Saw most of the show - the man does have an ego the size of Manhattan! The show did not touch much on his Tony Twist problems, and it must have been taped a while ago because it didn't mention the latest verdict at all. Was interesting seeing the behind-the-scenes stuff, seeing him at work, and the stereo-typical comic fan...

Don't make fun of the hard working souls in the food service industry... 893naughty-thumb.gif

At least, not until AFTER they've brought you your food. 27_laughing.gif

Just kidding, as someone who had to slog through pizza delivery during his college days...I offer full moral support to my brothers-in-arms working the trenches.

Don't make fun of the hard working souls in the food service industry... 893naughty-thumb.gif

At least, not until AFTER they've brought you your food. 27_laughing.gif

Just kidding, as someone who had to slog through pizza delivery during his college days...I offer full moral support to my brothers-in-arms working the trenches.

I've done my "time" in the food service industry--no slamming was meant...thumbsup2.gif I was meaning more along the lines of someone working hard, getting every dime and then throwing it all in the hobby. This type of compulsive behavior can get you in trouble financially.

Don't make fun of the hard working souls in the food service industry...

I have worked in the large corporate environment for many years and there are three areas I always treat with respect: Food Service, Facilities and Security. These three can make your life a living Hades. But beyond my own selfish interests, I often have really fun/good conversations and joke-fests with all three. You give respect you get respect. thumbsup2.gif