• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Review My HOM 197 CGC 9.4

16 posts in this topic

Appreciate it if you guys could give me an opinion. I recently purchased a copy of HOM 197 based upon this picture.

cgchom197acut.jpg

The book is graded at a 9.4 and I purchased it. However, recently I was reviewing the item after purchase and noticed another picture at the very bottom of the listing. I noticed what looks like tears in the cover. I'm hoping its something on the case but it is starting to look like tears to me. Below is the additional picture. Do you think these are tears and can a book achieve a 9.4 with tears in the cover or could this be a misgrade? I don't expect a 9.4 to be pristine but I do expect no tears/missing pieces in the cover. Plus it kind of bothers me that the main picture was cut so this could not be seen. I don't have the book yet and I'm wondering if I need to touch base with the seller.

cgchom197aFull.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Dave

kinda of the seller to do that. i have a 9.4 i bought based on suboptimal pics as well. i wouldn't personally call it a 9.4, but CGC did and it is nice to look at. oh. any you better put up a back cover pic or you're not allowed to ask a grade. board nazis say so.

I would guess........ hm 9.4

OMG. you haven't seen the back. this is madness! :P

"Porky would you buy a comic without inspecting the back cover? No! Why then expect the very thing for us here?" -oakman29

"Porky would you buy a comic without inspecting the back cover? No! Why then expect the very thing for us here?" -oakman29

Such Hostility tonight? (shrug)

CGC already graded it why see it at all.

You should use that in your sig. line so you will always remember it. (thumbs u

maybe there's more ugly stuff on the back cover. trust no one, not even CGC!!! lol

maybe there's more ugly stuff on the back cover. trust no one, not even CGC!!! lol

:roflmao: All in fun brother,we have to give you noobs a little bit of a hard time. :baiting:

kinda of the seller to do that. i have a 9.4 i bought based on suboptimal pics as well. i wouldn't personally call it a 9.4, but CGC did and it is nice to look at. oh. any you better put up a back cover pic or you're not allowed to ask a grade. board nazis say so.

Thanks I was not looking for a full grade, just a second take on the damage. I've touched base with the seller and he's being Cool & giving me the option of completing the sale.

He says it is not torn but chipping of the Color. I've asked for a higher res picture. Disappointing though, I Was looking forward to getting this book.

here's my not-so-nice 9.4 for comparison. the staples are both more deeply sunken in than usual and the bottom staple is crooked as well. i'm sure it's production-related so it's not really counted as that much of a problem, but it still would've been nice to know when i was buying.

td5ey.jpg

Porky, you're learning. As you will read many times on these boards. "Buy the book, not the grade." (thumbs u

Now that's a pretty book. :applause:

yeah. i like comics. i got depressed the other day when i went to the "comic store" looking for the sketch cover DD. i couldn't find anything to buy. shiny paper. digital color. saw an art adams book. can't go wrong there, right? digitally *spoon*ing inked and looking like ? on top of the shiny and digital . bah. no thanks. i think the only things that look right these days are new books in black and white or old stuff.

here's my not-so-nice 9.4 for comparison. the staples are both more deeply sunken in than usual and the bottom staple is crooked as well. i'm sure it's production-related so it's not really counted as that much of a problem, but it still would've been nice to know when i was buying.

[

I agree that is a really ugly 9.4. There is no way I'd be happy with that. I will stick to my bronze horror. Cheaper than those silver age marvels for a higher grade.

[

I agree that is a really ugly 9.4. There is no way I'd be happy with that. I will stick to my bronze horror. Cheaper than those silver age marvels for a higher grade.

It's not that bad. Its just an over magnified scan.

hmmm thought my ears were burning for a sec...