• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on this please...

66 posts in this topic

Bagley does shows. You could get it done at a show.

and I think he is pretty cheap - last full body sketch I saw on a 11x17 was only $70 (you could prob get a cover quality reasonable - mess you paid $300 for the blank...)- he had a couple going and i was talking with him and another artist and they started talking about doing sketches at shows (this was a couple years back though)

definitely ran out of money and sat with these guys...don't mind me.

Give it to me for free, I will establish myself as a 501-C-3 and you can write off the full value. That's better than cash!!!

OK, if that doesn't work for you I would save it for Bagley.

What's the best way to acquire a Bagley op? The only ops I've commissioned are on this board.

Someone should get one done here lol:baiting: someone :baiting:

I personally wouldn't get Bagley, I think his sketches are hit or miss... I think you should get your FAVOURITE artist right now to do it... I'm betting Segovia would do a way better job than Bagley. Just because Bagly did the comic, doesn't mean it has to be him who does the sketch :shrug: my 2c

I personally wouldn't get Bagley, I think his sketches are hit or miss... I think you should get your FAVOURITE artist right now to do it... I'm betting Segovia would do a way better job than Bagley. Just because Bagly did the comic, doesn't mean it has to be him who does the sketch :shrug: my 2c

And such is my dilema. No doubt Bagely has mad talent and does beautiful Spidey covers for Marvel, but I don't like "quicky" sketches, even from big names. Segovia also does fantastic work and from what Mylar has been communicating he appears to want to give us his best. I also aleady have the op here and now.

I dislike the fact that "lesser" names who give their all for every fan get passed over bigger names doing show style quickies. But I almost feel like I should wait for that rare, golden AH type op for this cover.

Uggggg what to do....

Edit Can someone answer if the backs of these covers are blank or red like the border? And also if they take color, and if they do if they have a tendency to bleed. I read they're flimsy, as evident of so few being high grade.

I'd usually go with someone who I know would produce a good looking art on my blank and choose a big name only for the sake of having a big name on my blank. Artwork is my priority since it's a blank cover and people normally are supposed to put art on it. I might as well go with good looking art then. I mean really..I like Jim Starlin but looking at his blank sketches I'd seriously go for an artist who would produce a better looking art for my blank. I recently saw a posted Thanos art here from GODOFTHUNDER in the boards and I didn't even know who drew it but I sure as heck love it.

scenarios that commonly happen:

1. I get a not-so-good-looking artwork from a big name. Then a guy comes in my house who is not into comics..looks at the framed artwork in my room and says..

"Your kid drew this Spider-man?"

-Look on the bright side. At least you have an art from a big name who ordinary people don't even know.

2. I get an artist (big name or small name) who would produce good art for me. Then a guy comes in my house who is not into comics..looks at the framed artwork in my room and says..

"Damn nice artwork right there!"

-No matter what happens, people who are into or not into comics will appreciate a good looking art when they see one.

Personally for me. I'm just talking for myself here... I'd rather an artist who isn't totally easy to get (who doesn't turn up to a million shows), I don't mean unaffordable though... and somebody who isn't hit or miss... But with those 2 things in consideration, I wouldn't want an artist who hasn't been published - but that's just preference...

I actually think Tim Townsend would do an incredible job on it... I think there might be spaces for his opp still... He's a really nice guy, and I think if you tell him about it being a special blank, I think he'll feel privileged to do it, and he has inked some really cool Spidey stuff.

I've always loved this piece by Tim, I think this would work great on your blank.

SpiderMantradingCardsmall2.jpg