• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on this please...

66 posts in this topic

I personally wouldn't get Bagley, I think his sketches are hit or miss... I think you should get your FAVOURITE artist right now to do it... I'm betting Segovia would do a way better job than Bagley. Just because Bagly did the comic, doesn't mean it has to be him who does the sketch :shrug: my 2c

+1

I think this edit of mine got missed. Anyone know the answer to these question?

PS, I really appreciate all of your feedback even if I haven't responded to them all.

---Can someone answer if the backs of these covers are blank or red like the border? And also do they take color? If they do, do they have a tendency to bleed onto the pages? I read they're flimsy, as evident of so few being high grade.

I'd wait till next summer.

If you like where USM is headed by then I'd try to get something done with both USM characters on it. It would be different from any USM 100 that was sketched prior to this summer.

2c

Hey USArmyParatrooper,

Congrats on nailing such a sweet blank. I've always wished to get one, but it's become near impossible for me. Personally, I rather get an artist whose artwork I treasure over a big name. When I came over to these boards, I met a couple of awesome artists, and till today, my favourite is Billy The Kidd (yeah you bought the blank from him lol )

His details are sick and his artwork is jaw-dropping. Over the past few years, I've been trying to collect as many BTK sketches as I can and I'm the proud owner of several today :)

So yeah, if you have an artist you know will produce sick-@ss work that you'd admire everytime you look at it (seems like Steven Segovia is one to you), go with your gut instinct.

I think this edit of mine got missed. Anyone know the answer to these question?

PS, I really appreciate all of your feedback even if I haven't responded to them all.

---Can someone answer if the backs of these covers are blank or red like the border? And also do they take color? If they do, do they have a tendency to bleed onto the pages? I read they're flimsy, as evident of so few being high grade.

The back of the book is 100% blank ;)

I feel it should be an artist that you really appreciate. Forget about the name/price or whatever else. For a blank like this, you need to go with your favorite artist!

I'd also recommend not jumping the gun and getting someone to work on it ASAP. Allow yourself to bide your time and create something truly special.

I feel it should be an artist that you really appreciate. Forget about the name/price or whatever else. For a blank like this, you need to go with your favorite artist!

I'd also recommend not jumping the gun and getting someone to work on it ASAP. Allow yourself to bide your time and create something truly special.

I totally agree with this! If I had a blank that special, I'd want my "dream" commission on it! A full figure Cheung Spidey would look incredible (thumbs u

+1 !

If you're not quite sure yet, take your time. I know I'd wait with pulling the trigger until I was 1000% sure who and exactly what I want on the blank. Anyway congrats on the blank and good luck with creating an amazing sketch (thumbs u