• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Believe it or not, the Comiclink August focused auction has begun!

233 posts in this topic

The only example of this rare Golden Age Superman store magazine that I can recall having seen. Interestingly, CL sold a copy of a 1940’s Archie store magazine in CGC 9.0 last May for over $800. According to the CGC label, this Superman-Tim even has the store stamp (which means the subscriber went to the retail store during the month, got his full color stamp, and put it in the magazine). All Superman-Tims appear rare, but ones with the stamp are almost never offered for sale.

RADE0363201171_173833.jpg

I can't recall ever seeing one for sale either :o

Is it me, or is that a crazy bargain on that #5?
I figured low 40's, so 52,500 exceeded my expectations by 20% (shrug)

Yeah, but I saw several estimates topping $100K here on the boards, so I was just throwing that out there.

Yeah, but I saw several estimates topping $100K here on the boards, so I was just throwing that out there.

interesting, I must not have seen those..

interesting, I must not have seen those..

Yeah, I looked back at the threads that I thought I saw them in and I think I overinflated the number of people guessing that high in hindsight. I did see at least one speculation that it could hit $100K.

52.5K for the Action #5.

hm that strikes me as in line with the other recent early action sales

for my money I'd rather have a nice #5 than slightly-nicer #19 or #20, but I know a lot of people prefer the supes covers