• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20 Biggest Magazines Of 2011

8 posts in this topic

I wonder how many people actually read the AARP magazine that automatically comes with a membership?

This list confirms my suspicion that women buy a lot more magazines than men,

Could one say, "As goes the magazine industry, so goes the comic book industry?"

Magazines are keeping their circulatio­n numbers up by, practically, giving the magazines away and, instead,

making a profit from as much advertising space as they can sell.

Most trade magazines are simply vehicles for ads and most offer free subscriptions.

Could, eventually, comic books be crammed with cool-looking ads and sell for a lot less than their current prices?

Isn't that the new paradigm? "If you can't make money selling it, then give it away and sell something else?"

For instance, tel-coms almost give away the mobile phones and, instead, make money on the service provided.

I wonder how many people actually read the AARP magazine that automatically comes with a membership?

This list confirms my suspicion that women buy a lot more magazines than men,

They will be the future majority of comic book readers.

Why?

The majority of 10 to 24 year old males have abandoned comic books in favor of shooter videogames.