• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sal Buscema Private Mail Away

166 posts in this topic

Just giving a little update!

Books should be at CGC very soon! Sal just needs to ship them there. so worry not!

-Arjuna

Arjuna,

We all oficially have to worry at this point. 17 days should be enough time to mail books back to CGC. Seems this has not happened yet and with Sean away I would hope you could inform us of where the books are.

-Joe

lol

I really do empathize with everyone that has been waiting, but that is the nature of the beast with mail-aways. No one has any control of anything, other than the creator. And if it takes them 4 months to write their name 40 times, box everything up and go to the post office, then that is the way the cookie crumbles. There is literally nothing the facilitator or CGC can do other than beg, cajole, wheedle and eventually, maybe, threaten the creator.

lol

I really do empathize with everyone that has been waiting, but that is the nature of the beast with mail-aways. No one has any control of anything, other than the creator. And if it takes them 4 months to write their name 40 times, box everything up and go to the post office, then that is the way the cookie crumbles. There is literally nothing the facilitator or CGC can do other than beg, cajole, wheedle and eventually, maybe, threaten the creator.

In this case it is not 100% true Sean. Another signing with Sal was put together after this one. I just received my grades on those books. The ones I sent in weeks earlier are still floating around the SS cloud.

At this point, if i were the facilitator I would be doing whatever was in my power to make sure the books were mailed out. It is really that simple. If you used this business model (the mail away one) and applied it to most businesses/services existing today you would be out of business in months. I don't understand why a written contract cannot be put into place stating a few necessary items.

Number of books to be signed.

Dollar amount per book.

Books must be done within XXX days of receipt.

This way the artist knows he has to finish by XX/XX/XX to be paid.

Yeah, but what are you going to do? Sal has to be 80. You can't send Moose and Rocco over to his place. If you push too hard, then you are going to be the guy that f-ed up Sal Buscema for all signatures for all time.

I am not saying you are wrong; you are not. But I don't think there really is anything anyone can do on the back end. What really seems to work is not giving them all the $$ until the end. That, for whatever reason, is a great motivator.

lol

In this case it is not 100% true Sean. Another signing with Sal was put together after this one. I just received my grades on those books. The ones I sent in weeks earlier are still floating around the SS cloud.

At this point, if i were the facilitator I would be doing whatever was in my power to make sure the books were mailed out. It is really that simple. If you used this business model (the mail away one) and applied it to most businesses/services existing today you would be out of business in months. I don't understand why a written contract cannot be put into place stating a few necessary items.

Dollar amount per book.

Hey Joey I understand your point 4 months is a long time but like Sean H said its the nature of the beast, I've waited 16 months before and its situations like these

(where numerous people say how ridiculous the wait time is ) that create situations where possibly another Sal Buscema opp will never happen because people have no patience, Sal has been a class act and I do not push him, he does what he does and I just say it would be nice if he could mail it in asap.

I'm happy that Rich got his books sent in and mailed back to CGC but there are other circumstances in this opp (other SS commitments) that are taking a little longer for Sal to complete and its delaying it a bit, it involves more than just writing his name and he wants to mail them all together, as an elderly gentlemen he doesn't want to make unnecessary ventures to the post office just because some people are worried about their books. To my knowledge Rich only had signatures so Sal only had to mail one thing at one shot, ours is a little more complicated and while I have told him that it would be nice if he could mail the signatures as soon as they are done and not wait for the other commitments to be completed, I cannot force him to do anything, he's a legend and has earned his right to take his time.

At the same time I completely sympathize with everyone who participated in this opportunity and I will call again to see if I could get it moving a little faster but thats really the best I can do. I mean Rich has had his own opps that have taken months to complete and you know this stuff just happens. And its not an "artist being a diva" and thats why its taking forever he's 75 years old and he's taking his time a little, he's earned that right.

Dollar amount per book.

and you know this is really great in theory and all but not necessarily at all how it shakes out. Many artists and creators often refuse to do half now half at the end and sure you can say mine screw them I'm not paying all up front to wait for you to do your thing but then you risk now having it done at all, if youre a collector and you need a certain creator sometimes it can only be done within their conditions and not yours.

lol

Dollar amount per book.

Hey Joey I understand your point 4 months is a long time but like Sean H said its the nature of the beast, I've waited 16 months before and its situations like these

(where numerous people say how ridiculous the wait time is ) that create situations where possibly another Sal Buscema opp will never happen because people have no patience, Sal has been a class act and I do not push him, he does what he does and I just say it would be nice if he could mail it in asap.

I'm happy that Rich got his books sent in and mailed back to CGC but there are other circumstances in this opp (other SS commitments) that are taking a little longer for Sal to complete and its delaying it a bit, it involves more than just writing his name and he wants to mail them all together, as an elderly gentlemen he doesn't want to make unnecessary ventures to the post office just because some people are worried about their books. To my knowledge Rich only had signatures so Sal only had to mail one thing at one shot, ours is a little more complicated and while I have told him that it would be nice if he could mail the signatures as soon as they are done and not wait for the other commitments to be completed, I cannot force him to do anything, he's a legend and has earned his right to take his time.

At the same time I completely sympathize with everyone who participated in this opportunity and I will call again to see if I could get it moving a little faster but thats really the best I can do. I mean Rich has had his own opps that have taken months to complete and you know this stuff just happens. And its not an "artist being a diva" and thats why its taking forever he's 75 years old and he's taking his time a little, he's earned that right.

All of this is understood. Doesn't mean I agree, but I understand.

Hi guys,

I just got back from Vacation.

Doing everything in my power to get the books in.

Sorry it took so long.

Happy new year everybody! Arjuna thanks for keeping the updates going.

-Sean

everyone needs to be patient! this is the nature of ss opps

Thank you for your insightful input. Next time I need to hear something that I have heard 50 times from others I know who to PM.

I have a lot of money in books laying on a table or the floor in someone else's house for the better part of 4 months. What dog do you have in this race?

I've been here a while too.

I know how frustrating it can be waiting for stuff to happen. Nothing I say will be something that hasn't been said before. I get driven just as crazy by delays with CGC, facilitators, sellers, buyers, people in general.

In the spirit of the new year, why don't we all just try to be a bit more patient and kind to one another?

And I apologize if my original post came off as rude or short. That wasn't my intention in any way.

I have a book in this opp too, a book I'm really looking forward to getting back. I know it's going to happen eventually.

I am waiting on emails to be answered. I have been pming all involved parties.

Books are not laying on the floor as you are falsely implying Joe.

My apologies for your frustration.

-Sean