• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full moon causes board members to go crazy!

246 posts in this topic

Perhaps everyone here forgets why this all came up. A picture was posted here of a woman having sex. Sorry for the being the ONLY female on these boards that find that completely unacceptable. Yes, I am the most irrational woman on these boards. Please. I am tired of being the troublemaker here.

No one forgot, the issue was resolved in your favor. What are you still upset about? Would you like formal written apologies from everyone who was acting silly yesterday?

A term like "decency" has to be properly defined within the context of this place, not because we're children, but because we all have different conceptions of the term.

Cap, I have to agree and disagree here.

I agree that the term "decency" needed to be defined for the boards in a formal way, although the Arch and Dena have certainly made it clear over the years what is and is not allowed.

As far as a perception of "decency", though I offer you this thought:

NSFW, meaning "Not Safe For Work". Also referred to sometimes as NWF or "Not Work Friendly". We see these on some posts, often youtube vids with explicit language, very "sexy" photos etc.

And we see if someone negelcts to add NSFW type disclaimer to the Subject, they are VERY quickly reminded to do so. And compliance is usually very fast and often accompanied by a :sorry:

I feel safe in believing that, as demonstrated by this, there already exists amoung members, a sense of what is and is not appropriate.

Perhaps everyone here forgets why this all came up. A picture was posted here of a woman having sex. Sorry for the being the ONLY female on these boards that find that completely unacceptable. Yes, I am the most irrational woman on these boards. Please. I am tired of being the troublemaker here.

No one forgot, the issue was resolved in your favor. What are you still upset about? Would you like formal written apologies from everyone who was acting silly yesterday?

I am pointing out that things come at a cost.

Let me share what I have lost in this mix.

- Someone I would have called a friend two days ago

- The security of feeling safe on this message board

Could you explain why you no longer feel...safe...on the message board? I'm having trouble following you.

:bump:

Could you explain why you no longer feel...safe...on the message board? I'm having trouble following you.

Yeah! I would like to hear that too.

Hey Dice! No touching!!! (tsk)

Hey Dice! No touching!!! (tsk)

No touching what? I just asked a question that got lost in the commotion several pages back.

You haven't addressed how yesterday's silliness threatened your personal safety.

As Arch said, being a Martyr isn't worth it. Your anguish is self-inflicted.

You won. It seems like you would be happy with your accomplishment. Please stop the drama, and enjoy some kool-aid. (man. Arnold does)

You have the best butt GIFs. :banana:

+1 (but I'm suspect seeing as how I'm a butt-guy)

You haven't addressed how yesterday's silliness threatened your personal safety.

I doubt we are going to get her response on the matter. I surmise her appearance in this thread is just a victory lap. (see highlighted text)

I doubt we are going to get her response on the matter. I surmise her appearance in this thread is just a victory lap. (see highlighted text)

Indeed !

Then she's being manipulative. (shrug)