• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lou Fine GA books now posted!!! (closed, thanks folks!)

30 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Well we closed on our house in Colorado and have moved in. A lot to unpack still, but I now have a decent officenow where I can go through my 12k of comics. After a lot of thought, I have decide to sell EVERYTHING! This includes all my GA, SA, BA, and CA stuff as well as a bunch of toys, cards, etc., yes, even my complete run of Batman's although these will be going last. I have a very special item in my sights and need some serious cash to fund the purchase so I am going to be moving everything. I will be starting my first of several sells threads on the boards to give the board memebers 1st option before moving to other avenues. First up will be a few Lou Fine books. I will post scans and prices in the next two hours. Thanks for looking and lets have some fun since that is what collecting is all about.

Greg

Rules of engagement.

Terms:

Please notify me via PM for all questions. First :takeit: wins and trumps inquires. Time payments available up to 6 months, just PM me and we can work out the details but if someone post the :takeit before we close the deal, I am sorry. No cancellation on time payment books. Only serious buyers should use time payments and not people whose collecting habits change on a weekly bases (this means if you buy it on time payments and then see another "grail" you have to have, don't contact me for a refund on what you have paid to date).

Payment:

Payment can be via Paypal (no change on the price, Ebay REALLY needs the money!!!) or money order.

Shipping:

Generally $10 for Priority Flat Rate, depending on the number of books you purchase. International is doable but exact shipping will be charged (last three orders I sent to England ran almost $40 per shipment). Insurance is required. Consider insurance like a condem, its all about safety.

Up first is a CGC grade Hit 9 in 5.5. Grader notes centerfold detached at bottom staple. Cream to off white pages. Cover is by Lou FIne, one of the best GA artist around. Last GPA was for a 5.5 in 2007 that went for $868. Prior to that, a 5.5 sold in 2005 for $460. I am offering this copy at $650.

hit_9_fc.jpg

hit_9_bc.jpg

hit_9_label.jpg

Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Colorado Springs area

I actually live in Boulder, CO. We just had a short story about our relocation to CO published in People Magazine.

Boulder's not too far from where I am, hm

Sounds to me like a road trip for you. You like spice Rum? hm

does Spice Rum have alcohol in it? if yes, then I do!

Next up is a raw copy on Wonderworld 7. This is one of the three most popular Lou Fine covers. This copy has the cover glues to the spine. It sports great cover gloss, especially considering it is over 70 years old. I purchased this book at my first comic book convertion in 1988. Asking price is $700.

WONDERWORLD_7.jpg

I actually live in Boulder, CO. We just had a short story about our relocation to CO published in People Magazine.

I just checked the labels and I'll be darned, it does contain alchohol but mentions best is served with coke over ice. I may have to give that a try :luhv:

I just checked the labels and I'll be darned, it does contain alchohol but mentions best is served with coke over ice. I may have to give that a try :luhv:

put coke zero in there and I will have to shoot you

Next up is a raw copy on Wonderworld 7. This is one of the three most popular Lou Fine covers. This copy has the cover glues to the spine. It sports great cover gloss, especially considering it is over 70 years old. I purchased this book at my first comic book convertion in 1988. Asking price is $700.

WONDERWORLD_7.jpg

:takeit:

WONDERWORLD_7.jpg

Great book :cloud9:

WONDERWORLD_7.jpg

Thank you sir ! (worship)