• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am having trouble finding information about one of the most talked about...

108 posts in this topic

if you're just trying to stir up the whole will there or won't there be a crash thing again... it's a waste of time.

why would OS ever report an impending crash? Since it hasn't happened yet, OS provides market reports about what happens and price updates. They don't usually provide articles about market projections... they leave that part up to the people doing reports, so what a surprise... no dealers predicted an impending crash.

as i said, don't be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

yes, and only somebody who has no common sense would know that no comic dealer (who supply all the reports) would report on comic books going DOWN and a gloom and doom report.

As the guy who couldn't get the fact that Wizard was "joking" for its Wizard first program, I can hardly take anything you say seriously.

You can have the last word here... I've made my point. You obviously just have no clue.

Many of the market reports in the new OSPG make projections on what comics are good investments.

Only a insufficiently_thoughtful_person wouldn't know that.

Yes, and that is why no top market analyst, financial advisor, hedge fund manager, investment banker or any member of the Forbes 400 would be caught dead without their trusty OSPG - it's a veritable roadmap to riches!! 27_laughing.gif

By the time you read about the "Great Crash", or any variant thereof in the OSPG, it will be too late. Nobody is going to forecast that in advance, because it can only be bad for business.

Guess these are the words of wisdom I miss when I go to lunch. 27_laughing.gif

Yes, and only somebody who has no common sense would know that no comic dealer (who supply all the reports) would report on comic books going DOWN and a gloom and doom report.

So, you are saying all the comic dealers who give market reports in the OSPG are dishonest because they aren't reporting the truth that there is going to be a "Great Crash." Interesting.

You can have the last word here... I've made my point. You obviously just have no clue.

The only point you made is that you can't point to anything in the new OSPG that supports your belief in a "Great Crash." Say hi to Linus when you're in the pumpkin patch this fall waiting for the "Great Pumpkin to appear."

Many of the market reports in the new OSPG make projections on what comics are good investments.

Only a insufficiently_thoughtful_person wouldn't know that.

Yes, and that is why no top market analyst, financial advisor, hedge fund manager, investment banker or any member of the Forbes 400 would be caught dead without their trusty OSPG - it's a veritable roadmap to riches!! 27_laughing.gif

By the time you read about the "Great Crash", or any variant thereof in the OSPG, it will be too late. Nobody is going to forecast that in advance, because it can only be bad for business.

Hmmmm How does it feel to be smarter than all the comic dealers who provide OSPG with market reports? Those fools can't predict a very obvious crash until after the fact, while you seem to be able to predict an impending "Great Crash" with 100% certainty.

[quoteThe only point you made is that you can't point to anything in the new OSPG that supports your belief in a "Great Crash." Say hi to Linus when you're in the pumpkin patch this fall waiting for the "Great Pumpkin to appear."

]

I certainly will.

You can still have the last word... but you're so thick headed, I'll try and spell it out for you again. I'm not saying these dealers are dishonest (although check out DAM's thread b/c as you can see, insufficiently_thoughtful_persons like David Sincere are predicting these great "investment" books and then as FD noted, don't even know their facts) simply reporting the rosy side of sales. The fact was, sales were rosy... and y'know what, a lot of dealers DID make reference to a flashback to the early 90s (variant covers, over hyped books) which is to me, a cautionary signal.

So let me try it again for you... There aren't going to be dealers reporting "don't buy comics this year, there might be a crash coming" or "books are overvalued" or "remember that 9.2 you bought from me last year... it might go down this year". Use your head dude.

But as I said before, your posts on this board have generally shown what a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person you are and how you generally miss the point on pretty much everything. So -- no surprise you started this thread and then totally missed the point of my response.

What a surprise! You gave me the last word and took it back. 893whatthe.gif

There aren't going to be dealers reporting "don't buy comics this year, there might be a crash coming" or "books are overvalued" or "remember that 9.2 you bought from me last year... it might go down this year". Use your head dude.

Dude, 27_laughing.gif it seems to me you are saying that dealers are dishonest because they are giving false market reports. They actually know the truth about the upcoming "Great Crash," but they aren't going to tell the comic collecting public because it would be bad for business. So the OSPG is built on a bunch of lies to sucker unsuspecting collectors or investors into buying dealer's comics before the crash comes. Like I said before, that is interesting.

But as I said before, your posts on this board have generally shown what a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person you are and how you generally miss the point on pretty much everything. So -- no surprise you started this thread and then totally missed the point of my response.

Dude, 27_laughing.gif go back to your bong and leave the posting to those not under the influence.

Hmmmm How does it feel to be smarter than all the comic dealers who provide OSPG with market reports? Those fools can't predict a very obvious crash until after the fact, while you seem to be able to predict an impending "Great Crash" with 100% certainty.

Feels pretty good, actually. devil.gif

Actually, it's not really a question of intelligence, but rather of being able to approach the problem with analytical rigor and unbiased judgment. Every single dealer who contributes to the OSPG is, bar none, biased against the notion of anything but perpetually-rising comic prices. It's only natural that they aren't going to predict, let alone publicize, a possible decline that could cause them real financial hardship. As for me, I've done my homework and have come up with what I think are very compelling conclusions. Furthermore, I don't have an agenda other than wanting people to hear both sides of the story (and no, I don't have any plans to take advantage of post-"crash" lower prices to buy, as some have insinuated)...

Every single dealer who contributes to the OSPG is, bar none, biased against the notion of anything but perpetually-rising comic prices. It's only natural that they aren't going to predict, let alone publicize, a possible decline that could cause them real financial hardship.

So, when Harley Yee says, "2003 was a very good year for the comic book market and I expect 2004 to be even better" (page 101) he is talking strictly from a biased dealer's perspective only and not that of collectors/investors, huh?

Every single dealer who contributes to the OSPG is, bar none, biased against the notion of anything but perpetually-rising comic prices. It's only natural that they aren't going to predict, let alone publicize, a possible decline that could cause them real financial hardship.

So, when Harley Yee says, "2003 was a very good year for the comic book market and I expect 2004 to be even better" (page 101) he is talking strictly from a biased dealer's perspective only and not that of collectors/investors, huh?

Yep.