• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay & shipping costs...

8 posts in this topic

When you boil this down, it's goiing to be another rant about shipping profiteers.

I just won 16 slabbed books from a seller, and I recieved them in the mail. the stamp was $13.70.

I emailed him and asked why he charged me $37. His stated policy is $7 for the 1st, +$2 each item thereafter.

I can't imagine just keeping someone's money like that when it's SO blatantly obvious. BTW, the packing was for shiet, with all the books put into one box, loose and covered in packing peanuts. many of them now have cracked corners. I can understand charging a reasonable amount for packaging, but this kinda sucks.

Does eBay ever get involved with this stuff?

sign-rantpost.gif

Does eBay ever get involved with this stuff?

Nope... they already made their money (Seller's listing fee, FVF, plus any PayPal fees). They no longer have any vested interest.

Needless to say - and all ranting aside - that is excessive for slabbed books.

BUT... Did you ask him about this before you bid? Do his listings state how the books will be shipped?

Larry

Needless to say - and all ranting aside - that is excessive for slabbed books.

BUT... Did you ask him about this before you bid? Do his listings state how the books will be shipped?

Larry

No, I didn't. I won them separately.....

$37 is rather extreme. Unfortunately he didn't have any obligation to lessen the amount since he did state his policy in the auctions. It's the same reason I won't buy from some of the bigger Ebay sellers. One of them sells a bunch of wolverines that I need, but that "$.99 shipping for each additional item" keeps me from buying. 20 comics for them equals over $20 in shipping... not worth it for raw books. Sometimes you just have bite the bullet and avoid their auctions.

If the books were well packed (I know if I charged someone that much for handling, I would try to make sure they get their money's worth, wrap everything individually in bubble-wrap, use a properly sized box, etc.)...I bet this S&H rant would not have made it to the boards.

As things stand, it deserved to make it here...cracked corners, ouch. Sorry to hear about that RT.

Enjoy Your Week

Christopher H