• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you think these boards are going?

58 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Are we on-topic enough? Is there too much banter and flaming? Too little? Is the moderation ok? Are comics discussed enough? What can we do to make things better? Or is everything pretty good as-is?

If you feel your answers need to be broken down to specific boards within the forum (i.e. the comics general vs. gold etc.) then please do so.

Thanks,

Arch

I think things are ok. The biggest problem is that there are about a half dozen or so people that end up hijacking every thread with one-sentence discussions that no one cares to read. As a result we end up with threads that have 50 replies, but you have to wade through 42 BS posts just to find the 8 posts that are on the thread topic.

Maybe we need a "Playground" area for all the kids to play in. Kind of like Thanksgiving where you have the adult table and the kids table.

The boards are decent. Should be much better since I punked those coin boys for all the COMIC GUYS! They fired pellets and we shoved a nuclear missile up their butt. The war is over for now. Thanks for all the back up to those who helped. Much love.

Now where is Comicinvestor and Delekkerste? We need some good market crash posts.

I think the boards are just about right...

Most every thread gets an appropriate number of on-topic replies before the conversation drifts off...

From time to time a forum member will hijack several posts to beat an issue to death, and I think you have been swift and fair in your handling of those situations.

For the most part, we are a pretty well-adjusted family that gets along surprisingly well despite a wide range of opinions. And the fact that our conversations drift off-topic after a while is just a sign that we get along. Whether we are talking about ricky's cars, Khaos' Jayhacks, my Ducks, DonutDan's Dead shows, Darth's Cherrys, CI's paranoia, or Joanna's relationships, we seem to get along just fine...

I would worry about the health of the forum if we spent all on our time on discussion of paying 67 prices on 66 coins. The coin guys spend a lot of time talking about the coins, but very little time talking about what it is like to be a coin collector... There's a sense of community here in the comic forums that I just don't think you see on the coin side. We post about crazy auctions because we have ALL been there... We have all been faced with sellers who knew that little about what they were selling. It's a shared history.

That said... there are certainly times when our members cross the line, and deserve a trip to the penalty box... But so far, I have been impressed with the balance and judgment you have demonstrated in deciding when that line has been crossed.

"Most every thread gets an appropriate number of on-topic replies before the conversation drifts off...

"

Yea, we broke a record on this thread. Three posts before the topic changed. Woho!

The grading forum is nice. I think you could kill off the Gold/Silver groups and maybe have more themed ones (the eBay idea, for example) instead? It seems that all the GA and SA collectors get along pretty well and are interested in the same discussions. Although the Bronze/Modern people are a little messy, they are kind of entertaining to watch and I've enjoyed learning about stuff that I wouldn't normally have seen.

How about allowing us to change the rating (stars) of users? Maybe that would reduce the need for the penalty box?

Yeah, but it's mostly in good fun. Sometimes we go overboard, but a mojority of the posts and posters here are very helpful and full of information on all aspects of the hobby. This is the best comic forum going. Welcome to our Nightmare!!!

Chris

When I first joined...I was caught in the middle of the JLA_all_the_way and procrustean match. Seemed very discouraging, but I did see all of the good information that could be had by reading all of the other threads on here. Not only is this place informative, but is also a great place to buy and trade comics. Stick around and you'll understand what I mean.