• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats going on with this ASM 46 ??

10 posts in this topic

I hope this is in the right Forum :wishluck:

I won this ASM 46 in the last CL auction. I bought it for a re-sub in hopes of a bumb. When I cracked it.. there is a wierd spot that I didnt notice while it was slabbed. Ive already got burned on a re-sub with a Batman book. Blue Label to PLOD. If this is CT, I don't know how this could have been missed...

Heres the scan from CL (directly below the "N" in Spiderman)

Photobucket

it looks more like something stained/ate thru the cover from the inside. you can still see the old-school color dots on that super-close-up, so i don't think it was color touch.

Hmmm... Interesting, Thanks.

No residue or spots on the splash page

Yes, a shame to find that. I agree it's not restored there, but CGC will call that a stain. You know how vague they are on grading any odd stains. I hope you get a fair regrade for it, I wish they would consider a new grading tier for books with submitted labels.

The grade will be affected by the opinions they have now about stains, versus the way it was ten years ago. Back then I'd bet opinions were different. Good luck,

could be just a paper production flaw where the paper was very thin/missing in that spot and resulted in the ink to bleed thru like that.

Until you call for notes, I am guessing that this is the reason the grade wasn't ding as hard as a man made flaws such as a stain of any sorts.

could be just a paper production flaw where the paper was very thin/missing in that spot and resulted in the ink to bleed thru like that.

Until you call for notes, I am guessing that this is the reason the grade wasn't ding as hard as a man made flaws such as a stain of any sorts.

Yeah - Im going to call tomorrow for the notes.

Im hoping its a production flaw because otherwise this is an EASY 9.4 :wishluck: