• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Eastman & Lairds Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

6 posts in this topic

I believe this to be the first printing of Issue #1, I've had it since the 80's and want to get it officially graded, but of course I find it the day after I'm at the Chicago Comicon in my stash.

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

The scanner that I have unfortunately is broke, so if you could give a rough eye grade that would be great. I plan on submitting both copies of the comic, along with Issues #2 #3 and #4 the next time it rolls around.

Need a better pic for a grade, but I hate to tell you that it's not a first print. That's a third print copy.

You can tell by looking on the inside of the front cover, at the top, it will say "Third printing."

First print copies don't say anything on the inside front cover and have a Gobeldygook ad on the inside back cover.

Third prints still have value, it's just not the stupid money that first print copies command.

Yeah, you're right I just noticed it. I'll still get it professionally graded, it's a good comic. I happen to have a copy of the counterfeit #1 they made too. It's in better condition that that one. If I can find a working scanner I'll scan it.

The front cover on the first and second print are identical. The only way you can tell between the two is to look at the inside and see if it says "second printing."

The third printing has a tiny difference that is visible on the front cover that is unique to that printing.

In the middle "T" in the word "TURTLES" there are some red lines that are blood on the sword. The third print has the red lines as you see them in your scan. The first and second prints only have the tiny couple of dots of red at the top right.

I've attached a photo that shows where to look.

114620.jpg.2a00afa6a34551cf5223f3851f5b9cb3.jpg