• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

18 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to buy about 4000 comics for $550 dollars..

one set is for 300, and it ranges from 1980 to current, with a selection of 9000 comics, and i can pick and choose what I want, upto 2000 books.

the other set is roughly 2000 comics, from 1985 to current, mostly DC, which I've never really collected.

Should I get both? or just one?

The kicker is, I'm trying to sell my current collection of 3000 comics, that is an actual collection, and not a comic shop close out..

At 14 cents a piece and being able to cherry pick, there should be some money to be made. However, it would likely be a long, slow process. If you are doing shows with dollar bins or selling lots on eBay, you can make some money over time. Assuming these will almost all be commons, it probably would not be worth all the effort to make a few bucks.

The lot that I can choose from, is from a comic shop that had it in storage, and lost the storage container (storage wars type thing)

I dont mind holding on to them for a while, to sell slowly, not looking to make a quick buck, but a long term process.

I like the idea of building up a stack, regardless of content (per se), as over the past week, I've looked into maybe hosting an online shop. And this looks like an opportunity to get some stock.

The lot that I can choose from, is from a comic shop that had it in storage, and lost the storage container (storage wars type thing)

I dont mind holding on to them for a while, to sell slowly, not looking to make a quick buck, but a long term process.

I like the idea of building up a stack, regardless of content (per se), as over the past week, I've looked into maybe hosting an online shop. And this looks like an opportunity to get some stock.

If you like them, and have the ability, why not just buy them all for a better price?

At 14 cents a book, I'd HAVE to see what they were, but if they were 9.8 mainstream Marvels and DCs, I'd probably do it.

But then, I'm a Copper JUNKIE.

I bought a collection similar to that maybe 18 months ago. I did make my money back, maybe a little more, but it has been a long process and I still have the bulk of the comics. PITA really. Storing them, selling them, ect. I did a lot of Craigslist selling and met up with some cool people and some real weirdos in the process. For ten or twenty bucks here and there. Only a couple sales over $50. I have one final sales thread and after that the least desirable ones will be given away to friends, trick-or-treaters, and possibly a local thrift store or something.

EDIT: I should add that I got to pull several hundred Uncanny X-Men comics from that collection for my own, which isn't a bad thing at all :cool:

If you can get large runs it could be worthwhile since on ebay you can re-sell and probably get double your money.

And that's my thinking behind it, the large runs..

And maybe even finish my own personal run of X-men from 303 to current, since I stopped collecting that 20 years ago..