• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's WW Chicago Report

221 posts in this topic

It must be a good show as all my coin buddies keep talking about is how the pre ANA coin show sucks and they are heading over to see the comics next door lol

wow, if it's luring in new business that are coinees, it must be a great show!

From these boards I have sort of noticed that there's a mild collecting rivalry between comic

collectors and coinees. I know there is a lot more monetary value over all in coins, but I always

thought there was a jeering tension between the two for some odd reason.

Maybe it's because Coins have the highest numbers for top tier items and

comics are in their hay-day as far as pop-culture is concerned.

Anyway that's cool to see new blood in the hobby.

(thumbs u

Highlights:

1) On Site grading is fantastic. CGC had their best on site grading profits ever per Paul Litch. Despite having an overwhelming number of books, they got them all processed. Fantastic job by the crew, and an encouraging sign that more on site may be on the horizon.

6) Spider Man on Tilt (John) also got some amazing grades. I think he sold some books before teh show even closed that he had done.

Yes, this was probably the best batch of CGC grades I have ever received on-site.

CGC had by far their best CGC on-site submission to date. The first hour on Thursday CGC already had 1400 submissions which eclipsed the entire WW Philly show. Wow!

The CGC grew worked their butts off the entire show so my hats off to them. :preach:

Sales were pretty good as per usual at this show.

There will be some pretty big books hitting the market soon after the CGC books that were graded. :ohnoez:

I had a lot of fun seeing everyone at the show. Hopefully since I am not going to either the Baltimore CC or New York CC I will some of you guys come out to the West Coast shows.

Great show as always with the Magnificent 7. :devil:

Highlights:

1) On Site grading is fantastic. CGC had their best on site grading profits ever per Paul Litch. Despite having an overwhelming number of books, they got them all processed. Fantastic job by the crew, and an encouraging sign that more on site may be on the horizon.

6) Spider Man on Tilt (John) also got some amazing grades. I think he sold some books before teh show even closed that he had done.

Yes, this was probably the best batch of CGC grades I have ever received on-site.

CGC had by far their best CGC on-site submission to date. The first hour on Thursday CGC already had 1400 submissions which eclipsed the entire WW Philly show. Wow!

The CGC grew worked their butts off the entire show so my hats off to them. :preach:

Sales were pretty good as per usual at this show.

There will be some pretty big books hitting the market soon after the CGC books that were graded. :ohnoez:

I had a lot of fun seeing everyone at the show. Hopefully since I am not going to either the Baltimore CC or New York CC I will some of you guys come out to the West Coast shows.

Great show as always with the Magnificent 7. :devil:

You got better grades because I touched the bag that your lame books were in. :cloud9:

Oh BTW Brain (Foolkiller) is the new.......

In order to be the man, Woooooooooo you have to beat the man.

I'm Brian Ketter! The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!

If you don't like it, learn to *love* it!

rickflairbmp.jpg

I'm Brian Ketter! The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!

rickflairbmp.jpg

Dude. You can't even spell my last name right. You tool.

Foolkiller, feel free to sell me the Avengers 16.

I had too many books, so someone had to drive them back for me and I'll pick them up in Baltimore. I can scan it for you next week. PM me if you are really interested.

That someone is Brian's Limo Driver - Bob Storms. Not only was the show so slow I had to drive the limo wednesday night I was also forced to sell donuts to other dealers (Inside joke)

Feel free to tell me what books you would like listed on the website Mr. Ketter (lol)

Any customer needing some Brian Ketter scans please let me know and I'll do my best to accomodate your request.

That someone is Brian's Limo Driver - Bob Storms. Not only was the show so slow I had to drive the limo I was also forced to sell donuts to other dealers (Inside joke)

Feel free to tell me what books you would like listed on the website Mr. Ketter (lol)

Any customer needing some Brian Ketter scans please let me know and I'll do my best to accomodate your request.

I think our limo driver was dressed the same as you dress for shows. He didn't exactly look "formal" for our ride.

Thanks for transporting my books back!

rickflairbmp.jpg

"To all the ladies out there. You may not always be first, but you can always be next!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

rickflairbmp.jpg

Dude. You can't even spell my last name right. You tool.

Ketter Ketterer :blahblah::blahblah:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Foolkiller, feel free to sell me the Avengers 16.

I had too many books, so someone had to drive them back for me and I'll pick them up in Baltimore. I can scan it for you next week. PM me if you are really interested.

To quote from your Overstreet market report, "price is key". Ha Ha.

But seriously, I don't know if your report has been the subject of a thread here, but I thought it was more spot on than mmedhy's thoughts, concerning Golden Age material. He believes most of it will continue upwards. Well, maybe not most. But a lot of it.

Your premise was (in a nutshell) that the "big" golden age books that contained the "big" characters, would continue to do well. But that the rest of the stuff, and some that are now considered big books (such as All American #16) might subside due to some indifference by collectors. Your theory is that even fairly desirable books such as Batman #66 (my pick for an example, not yours), might wain in collector value. Because there is more interest in silver age material than that old golden routine stuff. Is this right?

Also, your theory is that pressing has devalued the price of "natural" high grade books (obviously), and indeed ALL bronze or newer and most of the silver age books. Because with bronze or newer, pressing can "create" just about any grade one would want, within reason, and many or most of the silver books can be made a lot better with pressing (duh, on my part). Thereby lowering the value of unpressed books (which I call "survivor HG's) (versus Created HG's). I believe you are spot on about that also.

But it does beg the question as to whether "survivor HG's" would sell well, so that they could be "improved". I think the answer to that is obvious.

Good market report. Your thoughts on Golden Age material differs from most other market report contributors, I think.