• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon 2012

279 posts in this topic

guess I better start packing... but won't be the same without bedrock :cry:

He wasn't there last year either....no one's gonna miss da bum! :sumo:

Actually, I'll miss the tall Texan. His bevy of quality merchandise is only superceded by his congenial disposition. :cloud9:

Wait, I'm starting to sound like Tupenny now. :facepalm:

Heads-up to everyone who hasn't booked a Hotel yet.

After weeks of not being able to find a single 4-star hotel via Priceline's Name Your Own price feature for less then $75, I was able to book three nights at the Rosen Shingle Creek for only $65 a night. You can probably start a little lower ($55 or so) and see if they take it. Its a genuine four-star, with solid ratings from the major travel sites. The add-on fees look a little steep, though, with parking being especially rough ($16/day). However, they have a shuttle service that runs to Seaworld, Universal, and the convention center, so it may be worthwhile for those of you flying in.

I don't plan on spending a lot of time there, so the four pools and golf course probably won't do me a lot of good, but if MegaCon goes the way it normally does (i.e, you see everything there is to see by Friday mid afternoon), the wife and I will probably take the baby swimming and to Seaworld on Saturday.

Anyway, just a heads-up, we're in the two week window before the show where the hotels start dropping their prices.

BTW, for those of you who stayed at the Renaissance at SeaWorld last year and liked it, the hotel has taken a turn for the worse. My family booked three rooms there over the holidays and the service was terrible. Everyone complained about the air quality, and the air vents looked like they needed a thorough cleaning. Just be forewarned.

After weeks of not being able to find a single 4-star hotel via Priceline's Name Your Own price feature for less then $75, I was able to book three nights at the Rosen Shingle Creek for only $65 a night. You can probably start a little lower ($55 or so) and see if they take it. Its a genuine four-star, with solid ratings from the major travel sites. The add-on fees look a little steep, though, with parking being especially rough ($16/day). However, they have a shuttle service that runs to Seaworld, Universal, and the convention center, so it may be worthwhile for those of you flying in.

I don't plan on spending a lot of time there, so the four pools and golf course probably won't do me a lot of good, but if MegaCon goes the way it normally does (i.e, you see everything there is to see by Friday mid afternoon), the wife and I will probably take the baby swimming and to Seaworld on Saturday.

Anyway, just a heads-up, we're in the two week window before the show where the hotels start dropping their prices.

BTW, for those of you who stayed at the Renaissance at SeaWorld last year and liked it, the hotel has taken a turn for the worse. My family booked three rooms there over the holidays and the service was terrible. Everyone complained about the air quality, and the air vents looked like they needed a thorough cleaning. Just be forewarned.

Last week I did the price line at $60.00 and they gave me the Rosen Shingle also.

Last week I did the price line at $60.00 and they gave me the Rosen Shingle also.

Suh-weet! Maybe there will be an after-hours Get-Together at the Rosen this year.... :headbang::banana: