• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebel Mechanic's WWC Report

28 posts in this topic

Had a great time, got some good onsites (thanks Joe Pierson). Got to see a bunch of boardies

JJ, Fingh, transplant (told him I was *not sure's* husband but he didn't believe me), doc, joeypost, dale, fool, forum legend, junkie, mylar (nice guy), caira, mcmiles, klodz let's see who am I missing... fred, jaime.

CGC folks i saw included paul, gemma, brad, vince, miguel, the Cafferty's, Brie, Nicole, Dan, harshen, r2d2. If Ryan C is reading this, I picked up your boys, they were under the CGC table.

Got in around 2 on thursday and dropped off my first batch and walked around with JJ. Bought up some nice books from Brad and other dealers. Ate pizza with the cgc crew afterwards, then hit the hotel to try and sleep.

Friday

Dropped off more books and bought more books. Bothered Tom Nguyen for a while and got commissions set up with Sara Richard and Jenny Frison. Aggravated CGC and did quite a bit of walking around with Mike (Mylar). Let's see what else did I do? Went out to a seafood restaurant (mccormick and skanks or something) that was super good. Went back to hotel while pro's went out to drink.

Sat.

Got the last of my books in under the count (SS) before the cutoff. I mean I just made it as CGC was super super busy. I saw Paul twice all weekend. Picked up my sketches, ate lunch at Gibsons with fingh. Hmm buy $4 hot dogs or get a super burger at gibson's for $10? Did a ton of walking and got the old between the no no zone heat rash. Ended up eating at the hotel restaurant with guess who, the CGC guys. (every night consisted of Joe, Jon, Mylar, Dan, Nicole, Lil and Brie with some special appearances by Harshen and Bradx2.

Sunday

Picked up some sketch cards from jay fife who also had a great Morgana 14x17 ready for me that I commissioned earlier.

During Friday, two Star Wars dressup guys were talking in form arguing that the rebels would beat up the imperials and things. I made some comment in form about being a rebel mechanic and fixing the yavin fleets or something. JJ made me change my name.

Let about 3pm for home. Overall the best chicago show of the three WWC I have attended. Besides books and art, I got two photo for the signature series. Mimi Rogers and Julie Benz.

art and my one picture (mimi rogers)

The print is by risso and was a wwc exclusive.

IMAG1324.jpg

IMAG1321.jpg

IMAG1320.jpg

IMAG1319.jpg

IMAG1318.jpg

IMAG1317.jpg

IMAG1288.jpg

Also forgot, Tom Nguyen had a fantastic inking seminar. That guy is gold.

It was so nice meeting you this weekend. I am glad you took my advice and joined the CGC boards. I think you will enjoy them!

What am i missing here???

His join date is 2005 and has over 20,000 posts ???

It was so nice meeting you this weekend. I am glad you took my advice and joined the CGC boards. I think you will enjoy them!

It's pirate, dork.

It's pirate, dork.

I knew that, dorkus maximus

Had a great time, got some good onsites (thanks Joe Pierson). Got to see a bunch of boardies

JJ, Fingh, transplant (told him I was *not sure's* husband but he didn't believe me), doc, joeypost, dale, fool, forum legend, junkie, mylar (nice guy), caira, mcmiles, klodz let's see who am I missing... fred, jaime.

CGC folks i saw included paul, gemma, brad, vince, miguel, the Cafferty's, Bree, Nicole, Dan, harshen, r2d2. If Ryan C is reading this, I picked up your boys, they were under the CGC table.

Got in around 2 on thursday and dropped off my first batch and walked around with JJ. Bought up some nice books from Brad and other dealers. Ate pizza with the cgc crew afterwards, then hit the hotel to try and sleep.

Friday

Dropped off more books and bought more books. Bothered Tom Nguyen for a while and got commissions set up with Sara Richard and Jenny Frison. Aggravated CGC and did quite a bit of walking around with Mike (Mylar). Let's see what else did I do? Went out to a seafood restaurant (mccormick and skanks or something) that was super good. Went back to hotel while pro's went out to drink.

Sat.

Got the last of my books in under the count (SS) before the cutoff. I mean I just made it as CGC was super super busy. I saw Paul twice all weekend. Picked up my sketches, ate lunch at Gibsons with fingh. Hmm buy $4 hot dogs or get a super burger at gibson's for $10? Did a ton of walking and got the old between the no no zone heat rash. Ended up eating at the hotel restaurant with guess who, the CGC guys. (every night consisted of Joe, Jon, Mylar, Dan, Nicole, Lil and Bree with some special appearances by Harshen and Bradx2.

Sunday

Picked up some sketch cards from jay fife who also had a great Morgana 14x17 ready for me that I commissioned earlier.

During Friday, two Star Wars dressup guys were talking in form arguing that the rebels would beat up the imperials and things. I made some comment in form about being a rebel mechanic and fixing the yavin fleets or something. JJ made me change my name.

Let about 3pm for home. Overall the best chicago show of the three WWC I have attended. Besides books and art, I got two photo for the signature series. Mimi Rogers and Julie Benz.

Fixed that for you! I wasn't named after cheese lol.

CGC folks i saw included paul, gemma, brad, vince, miguel, the Cafferty's, Bree, Nicole, Dan, harshen, r2d2. If Ryan C is reading this, I picked up your boys, they were under the CGC table.

Friday

Sat.

Got the last of my books in under the count (SS) before the cutoff. I mean I just made it as CGC was super super busy. I saw Paul twice all weekend. Picked up my sketches, ate lunch at Gibsons with fingh. Hmm buy $4 hot dogs or get a super burger at gibson's for $10? Did a ton of walking and got the old between the no no zone heat rash. Ended up eating at the hotel restaurant with guess who, the CGC guys. (every night consisted of Joe, Jon, Mylar, Dan, Nicole, Lil and Bree with some special appearances by Harshen and Bradx2.

Sunday

But you left the "Cafferty's"

She realizes there are only a certain number of inaccuracies about CGC staff that the general public would care about. :baiting:

She realizes there are only a certain number of inaccuracies about CGC staff that the general would care about. :baiting:

lol

True, true.

Sorry I missed a lot of you all. Wish i could have hung out more. :sorry:

She realizes there are only a certain number of inaccuracies about CGC staff that the general would care about. :baiting:

lol

True, true.

Sorry I missed a lot of you all. Wish i could have hung out more. :sorry: