• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #45 bad staple placement

12 posts in this topic

I have had many books like this.

My evaluation is based on what I THINK CGC would grade this.

CAL been hammered many times because of comics similar to this one...

I have had many books like this.

My evaluation is based on what I THINK CGC would grade this.

CAL been hammered many times because of comics similar to this one...

Wow! really?

Thats about the worst staple placement ive ever seen on a Marvel book. Anyways though, i thought CGC didnt downgrade for production boo-boos like this? (shrug)

The defect will not drop the book at all, in my understanding of how cgc grades. You could probably go all the way up to 9.6 with that kind of staple placement.

Now if there are tear marks around the staples because of their poor placement that will drag it down, just like any other staple tear.

The defect will not drop the book at all, in my understanding of how cgc grades. You could probably go all the way up to 9.6 with that kind of staple placement.

Now if there are tear marks around the staples because of their poor placement that will drag it down, just like any other staple tear.

I agree, the staple location only affects the likelihood of damage from opening the pages.

I'll call it a 8.5 from what's visible. It looks great besides the staples.

Do you guys think there's a chance they would note on the label that it affects the story?

I've got to assume that because of how off the staples are, the book can't be opened far enough and some panels are obscured. Is that possible or no?

Do you guys think there's a chance they would note on the label that it affects the story?

I've got to assume that because of how off the staples are, the book can't be opened far enough and some panels are obscured. Is that possible or no?

naah. that would be crazy

The book can't be opened AT ALL as long as it's in a slab, so why would that matter?