• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazillions of Reading Enticements to Gaze and Gander at Yummily

335 posts in this topic

And that's all folks! Annihilius get that last one,.

List of unsolds forthcoming and invoices forthcoming.

Thanks to all as always.

You'd think the people would have had enough of silly love songs

I look around me and I see it isn't so.

Oh no.

And that's all folks! Annihilius get that last one,.

List of unsolds forthcoming and invoices forthcoming.

Thanks to all as always.

You'd think the people would have had enough of silly love songs

I look around me and I see it isn't so.

Oh no.

Thanks, Holmes....good times as always! Same Bat time/channel next week? :wishluck:

What might be the unexpected song we are only hearing? :shrug:

As for the Wings era, that silly little love songs is absolutely epic. The interplay and musicality of that song is something to behold. :cloud9:

'Sup Scott!

Are you messing with me??

Cause I happen to believe that that song despite its cheesiness is, melodically and musically speaking, borderline genius. The bass line alone has more melody than anything I've heard in years.

I passed out early last night, but I was not messing with you. I was aware of the song for many years but it wasn't until very recently that I really heard it. Its lyrics aren't too shabby either but the music is incredible. That back and forth at some point in the song is downright celestial. Of my hundreds of itunes on wifey's Mac, it is easily top shelf. :luhv:

So....since Scott never responded and I'm borderline toasted....

Silly Love Songs....I still maintain this is one of the greatest recorded songs ever. I would love to hear some other opinions.

In it's day it was a huge hit and way overplayed. But in retrospect.....Just listen to it.

The great thing about Wings and the whole Band on the Run and subsequent albums....they weren't the Beatles and were never meant to be. Nothing sounded quite like Wings, then or now. I think it's an amazing song, melodically. And it's off a terrible cd, Wings at the Speed of Sound. The only other good song is Beware My Love which is great.

Anyway.....give your opinion or not....but there's lots of Silly Love comics coming your way.

Besides that, Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey was the best Wings song ever. It's not even close.

:screwy:

Utter heresy, Dice. :sumo:

Thanks all for the sales!!!

Still left.......

Crazy 2 9.2 12.00

Weird Mystery Tales 13 8.5 4.00

DC Special 4 7.0 10.00

Marvel Premiere 22 8.0 4.00

GS Man-Thing 2 7.5 5.00

Power Man/Iron Fist 50 9.2 7.00

Marvel 2 in One 9 7.5 5.00

Marvel 2 in One 8 7.0 4.00