• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics are way underpriced ?

252 posts in this topic

true, but still the 1st appearance of Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean grey AND Magneto all rolled into 1 book seems like it should be worth the same or more to me than ASM1 (shrug)

That could also be because i have a X-men 1 and dont have a ASM1 lol

Important to note is that ASM 1 isn't even the first appearance of SM, and it's still a lot pricier than XM 1. Figure that one out.

Spidey's worldwide popularity blows away any X-Man, especially any that were in issue #1.

Web of Spider-Man #18 :shrug:

What's special about that?

The very first app. of any kind of what was to become Brock/Venom. A VERY small app where we see Brock's arm and hand shove Peter onto subway tracks. Peter was very disturbed that his Spidey Sense didn't warn him, and this was because of the alien symbiote

All of which is overrated and does not warrant higher values.

Agreed, but in the grand Comic Book tradition of Speculation, it qualifies.

The very first app. of any kind of what was to become Brock/Venom. A VERY small app where we see Brock's arm and hand shove Peter onto subway tracks. Peter was very disturbed that his Spidey Sense didn't warn him, and this was because of the alien symbiote

Wouldn't that actually be Secret Wars 8?

For the costume, yes. This was the 1st Brock/Costume.

true, but still the 1st appearance of Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Jean grey AND Magneto all rolled into 1 book seems like it should be worth the same or more to me than ASM1 (shrug)

Important to note is that ASM 1 isn't even the first appearance of SM, and it's still a lot pricier than XM 1. Figure that one out.

Spidey's worldwide popularity blows away any X-Man, especially any that were in issue #1.

Is that still true? I think its probably pretty close.

Granted, wolverine isnt in X-men 1 but he's still an X-men and i see a hell of a lot more kids wearing Wolverine shirts and stuff than i do Spidey. Spidey probably is still more popular but i dont think at this point he "blows them away" in popularity.

regardless, still seems off to me that Spideys 2nd appearance is worth almost double X-men 1 (shrug)

Not saying I agree, but it's probably because ASM meets FF

Does eddie brock make a cameo in SW8?

Time line ASM 252 May 1984 (Spidey in black) : SW8 December 1984(origin of symbiote): WOS 18 September 1986(Eddie Brock Cameo), ASM 299 (full eddie brock as venom)

Time line ASM 252 May 2004 (Spidey in black) : SW8 December 2004(origin of symbiote): WOS 18 September 1986(Eddie Brock Cameo), ASM 299 (full eddie brock as venom)

2004? I think 1984 maybe...

Time line ASM 252 May 2004 (Spidey in black) : SW8 December 2004(origin of symbiote): WOS 18 September 1986(Eddie Brock Cameo), ASM 299 (full eddie brock as venom)

???

Detective Comics 29, second cover appearance of Batman
This is the "underpriced" thread. I could sell everything I won and not get a copy..

Compared to the fact that Tec 27 will go for a million dollars.

Then by theory ASM #1 is underpriced when compared to AF15. :baiting: Its all crazy money for comic books!

A more valid comparison would be Tec 27 and 29 vs Action 1 and 7

Action 7 is worth more than Tec 29 in the same grade although is rarer to be fair, and is the 7th appearance of Supes but second cover appearance.

But I agree it's crazy money for paper stapled together

Isn't money just paper?

???

yes, 1984, thanks, I'll fix the post

???

oh you know what I meant!!!

I believe a better titles would be 'underrated'. (shrug)

I think a few books/type of books are underrated.

1) Tales of the GL Corp #2(First Nekkron :gossip: )

2) New mutants #16 ( First Warpath :gossip:)

3) And Disney Whitman variants. I enjoy collecting them and finding the rare/very rare issues. I think as a whole they are underrated for varying reasons.