• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just read Incredible Hulk #180-181...

8 posts in this topic

I loved it! The tone, the emotion, the flow... It all fit together very well. I feel like Wolverine had a very insignificant cameo for this particular story, but I think enough info is given so we can ponder his true intent and get excited for future appearances. I loved the ending, though I feel it was slightly abrupt.

Overall rating: 4/5 stars :D:applause:

count me among those who enjoys reading hulk 181 to this day. good book and much more readable than gsx1 or x94, IMO

Very agreed.

I think the personal drama regarding Marie Cartier, her brother Paul, and Georges Baptiste served as a perfect backdrop for the intro of Wolvie.

It was well plotted, even if it may not be high literature. Wolvie's appearance as "Weapon X", sent in by the Canadian Air Force, makes sense, and isn't logically inconsistent or merely "coincedence."

Georges giving his life to take on the curse of the Wendigo from Paul, demonstrating his love for Marie, is a very nice touch. Even though the battle between Hulk, Wolvie, and Wendie was clearly the focus, it wasn't pointless, and served the story.

I've always had a positive opinion about those issues. They're enjoyable, fairly typical Hulk comics from that time, which I read long before any hype.