• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #194

18 posts in this topic

cgcspiderman001.jpg

cgcspiderman002.jpg

I bought this CGC graded book and please keep in mind this is my first and only graded book in my collection. In my opinion this grade is incorrect. The spin does not show any stress what so ever. The sides are crisp and only one corner on the back is not perfect (back top right)...No stress around staples, factory gloss finish,and white pages. Since I can't open the comic It my be missing everything inside:) With the number on the top of the slab can I look up why or comments about this grade. Thanks for any info

P.S. It may look like stress cracks on the spine but it is small scratches on the case.

Call CGC for graders notes and ask for what all 3 graders had it pegged as. There could very well be something going on in the interior that brought the grade down.

I really have bad eyesight on many scans, but on the front cover under Spidey's left foot in yellow, there is some waviness. That defect could be rectified with a press. If the book can't be pressed to at least a 9.6 or better, I don't think it is worth the bother and expense.

Call CGC for graders notes and ask for what all 3 graders had it pegged as. There could very well be something going on in the interior that brought the grade down.

I really have bad eyesight on many scans, but on the front cover under Spidey's left foot in yellow, there is some waviness. That defect could be rectified with a press. If the book can't be pressed to at least a 9.6 or better, I don't think it is worth the bother and expense.

Thanks... Like I said I'm new when it comes to CGC graded books and very ignorant on the way it all works.

This cover is what I would consider "thin". In the yellow area of the spot light you can see the print on the back side through it. Could this have something to do with it? I own 4 copies of this issue and every one I have is the same.

I'm gonna say it's an 8.0 :baiting:

Look I'm new here and at CGC grading but have been collecting for a long time. I have seen many CGC comics in person in the high 9's. If you want to poke a stick at me fine... (worship) Please just use some respect and not make a joke out of everything. I just found out today that I can call CGC and ask for graders comments. That is the kind of help I'm looking for. No disrespect intended.

Don't worry, that's just the usual joshing/hazing that goes on around here. It's no big deal. Welcome to the boards!

Agreed. sufunk is one of the cooler guys on the boards, and I'm SURE he didn't mean this in a bad way at all. You'll get a lot of this here, especially if you demonstrate even the slightest amount of sensitivity in your replies to :baiting: 's.

BELIEVE ME. Been there, done that.

As for the 8.0- it could be due to some interior issue, or it could very well be a goof. Good luck with your contact with them, and I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction.

WTTB :hi:

I see a wrinkle on the lower edge FC, on the BC I see what looks like some sort of dent or uneveness right to the left of the S.L.C. logo, on the BC LRC it looks like a very slight tear, BC URC I see a dent.

I'd call this at least an 8.5 so maybe there is something going on in the interior.

lol And maybe the scan size somewhere between to two offered would be better ;)

Don't worry, that's just the usual joshing/hazing that goes on around here. It's no big deal. Welcome to the boards!

Agreed. sufunk is one of the cooler guys on the boards, and I'm SURE he didn't mean this in a bad way at all. You'll get a lot of this here, especially if you demonstrate even the slightest amount of sensitivity in your replies to :baiting: 's.

BELIEVE ME. Been there, done that.

As for the 8.0- it could be due to some interior issue, or it could very well be a goof. Good luck with your contact with them, and I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction.

WTTB :hi:

I may have taken that whole thing in the wrong way. Now that I look at it It is kind of funny and I don't think it was said with any malicious intent. Anyway thanks for the input all of you have given. I bought this book already graded and knew I was buy an 8 but I still think it looks higher (even if by just .5) I'm going to contact them and see if they can give me more info.

I may have taken that whole thing in the wrong way. Now that I look at it It is kind of funny and I don't think it was said with any malicious intent.

:applause:

It does look better than 8.0 - On the outside. If their notes show nothing in terms of interior defects, I personally would consider resubmitting it. It's not like it's a major key so there are costs to weigh, including what you already paid.

9.0 GPA'd @ $32-

9.2 GPA'd @ $92

and 9.4 @ $146.

Is it worth it? If you plan to simply keep it, then it all depends on what you want. But keep in mind the grade may not change. That would really blow.

All 2c is IMHO