• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov Heritage auction

217 posts in this topic

X-Men #137 page - $65,725

That is nuts. Wonder if this is the same bidder or two or three that's been bidding these kinds of krazy amounts for stuff like the DKR splash and Miller DD covers.

Crazy Price IMO. I thought $25k tops on this.

Was happy to see the Jose Gonzalez 12-page Vampirella complete story get bid up to a respectable $7,170 - not great, but better than I expected. And, no, I was not the consignor, winner or underbidder.

Any predictions on where the Kirby JIM #110 splash, the BWS Conan #5 splash or the Steranko COTL cover might go for? Anyone? (shrug)

Gene/Deck did you get anything yet? and Congs on a great 2011...you are the MAN

Thanks, Mitch - I am half-heartedly bidding on a few things in case they go cheap but am otherwise keeping my powder dry, waiting for more quality material to hit the market in 2012. Did you get the Barks painting or do you know who did??

It's now completely overshadowed by the X-MEN page, but $10,755 for the SWAMP THING #34 page was a big number to me.

I thought the same.

Darren H.

That's pretty much a perfect page right there.

It's now completely overshadowed by the X-MEN page, but $10,755 for the SWAMP THING #34 page was a big number to me.

I thought the same.

Darren H.

No doubt most ST fans feel that way. I got fooled since bidding topped out at $1K right before the live auction. Whoops.

I thought the same.

Darren H.

No doubt most ST fans feel that way. I got fooled since bidding topped out at $1K right before the live auction. Whoops.

With what I have seen lately...I would have thought the high end was $7-7500. No way it went short of $5k...but $10k is surprising.

I thought the same.

Darren H.

With what I have seen lately...I would have thought the high end was $7-7500. No way it went short of $5k...but $10k is surprising.

Agreed. I was thinking $5-6K. I prefer the more horror-centric pages, but still would have loved to won this one.

Darren H.

Nostalgia definitely rules on this Knightfall page:

Jim Aparo and Giordano Batman #497 page 19 Original Art (DC, 1993)....

Sold for: $3,107.00

Not my thing, but you know...factoring in nostalgia, this doesn't look like such a bad buy. In a few months, when movie hype for the new Batman movie kicks in (with Bane as the main villain), this may get another bump.

After that...have no idea.

For now, clearly someone's nostalgia sweet spot. Know how that feels. :cloud9: Congrats!

I liked those DD 182 pages as the 182-184 run was my favorite chunk of that series. But, while I am far from an expert on janson vs miller they looked quite heavily to be janson to me? Can anyone comment? When I saw pages from those issues with the punisher were up I was tempted but I didn't feel comfortable when I wasn't even sure what I'd be bidding on exactly