• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Of Your Collection is CGC Graded?

79 posts in this topic

i have around 4000 to 4500 comics and 0 slabbed, so...0% of slabbed books for me.

Even if they look pretty neat and protects them and all (don't forget the price increase) since i'm a collector not a seller that loves to re-read what owns, i find it pointless to slab, specially when it gets so expensive outside USA.

No doubt, I think I spend over $15k last year for slabbing, and probably the same this year. I also am a collector, I usually sell of my doubles and mid grades to finance my CGC fetish. In my CGC collection there is nothing below a 9.0 except for 2 Stan Lee file copies of FF.

Hi everyone:

Good forum with lots of good info. II also have some questions about CGC grading. I have a conference in Orlando this August and was thinking of either Driving (I live in Louisiana) or fyling to Orlando and renting a car and heading over to Sarasota. How does the walk-in submission work and can you get your books back the same day.

Thanks and school is almost out for the Summer!!!

ProfesorJ97

Out of my over 18,000 book collection? 0 are slabbed, and I doubt if any of them every will be. I actually like to read my books... (yes, even the golden age and valuable silver and bronze books!) If I ever do buy a slabbed book, I won't pay a cent more than I would if it were raw, because I'd crack it open as soon as it became mine...

Welcome to the Boards. Are we talking dollar wise or numbers? I have about a dozen slabbed comics out of a 1000 but those dozen issues are worth about $12K while the other stuff might be worth $3K combined. I haven't made any submissions myself but I'm going to send in a few of my choice raw copies just to see how they turn out and to preserve them for years to come. You never know I may want to use them to trade up one day and its much easier to do so when they are slabbed. thumbsup2.gif

probably 10% of my collection is slabbed. If I can't see it with my own eyes/hands (which are the majority of my purchases), I only buy CGC unless it's from a very reputable dealer/seller for high grade/dollar purchases. For readers, I buy MH's NM books insane.gif There's room for everything (low/hi grade) in my collection.

If you're into "playing the game", tell us what you submitted and what grades you think you'll get, so we can compare what you actually get back!

I sent in these comics and I think they are going to come back

Doubt that I'll get anything close!!!! Come on Gem Mint 10.0's..........

2-Fantastic Four #48-9.0 & 9.4

Green Lantern #59-9.0

85-9.4

86-9.4

Amazing Spider Man #300-10.0

301-10.0

Justice League of America #62-9.8

Captain America #114-9.4

115-9.4

Thor #156-9.4

Avengers #24-9.2

Daredevil #43-9.8

45-9.8

Sub Mariner #20-9.4

Wolverine #1-10.0

Tales Of Suspense #66-9.0

Tales To Astonish #85-9.4

I sent in these comics and I think they are going to come back

Doubt that I'll get anything close!!!! Come on Gem Mint 10.0's..........

2-Fantastic Four #48-9.0 & 9.4

Green Lantern #59-9.0

85-9.4

86-9.4

Amazing Spider Man #300-10.0

301-10.0

Justice League of America #62-9.8

Captain America #114-9.4

115-9.4

Thor #156-9.4

Avengers #24-9.2

Daredevil #43-9.8

45-9.8

Sub Mariner #20-9.4

Wolverine #1-10.0

Tales Of Suspense #66-9.0

Tales To Astonish #85-9.4

Don't get your hopes up on the ASM #300s. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I've sent in 3 original owner copies, all treated with kid gloves, all looked pretty sweet. I've gotten 9.6s across the board.

That sucks. I am the original owner of the ASM and the Wolverine. All three have never been opened.

Don't get your hopes up, the fact that a comic has never been opened and is in the exact same condition as when you bought it at the store is no guarantee that you'll get a 10.0, 9.9 or even 9.8. There have been some threads describing just how hard it is to get a 9.9 or 10.0, even when the LCS owner is able to cherrypick the best of the new issues that he has just received (before they ever go out on display or into any subscriber accounts).

There have been some threads describing just how hard it is to get a 9.9 or 10.0, even when the LCS owner is able to cherrypick the best of the new issues that he has just received (before they ever go out on display or into any subscriber accounts).

Or even if sent direct from the printers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There have been some threads describing just how hard it is to get a 9.9 or 10.0, even when the LCS owner is able to cherrypick the best of the new issues that he has just received (before they ever go out on display or into any subscriber accounts).

Of even if sent direct from the printers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup, good point. Whether a book gets a 9.8 is a bit of a crapshoot. Whether a book gets a 9.9 or 10.0 is a TOTAL crapshoot.