• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Of Your Collection is CGC Graded?

79 posts in this topic

Got my CGC reality Check Up:

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

Amazing Spider Man #300 9.6

They didn't post ONLINE, but I phoned in and got the info. I'm off my High Horse and off to some cold beers.

sorry.gif

Now you can grade the remaining books a bit better....call and get grading notes so you can see what you missed....

Just a suggestion:

Scan your books prior to sending them off to be graded. Then when you get the grades you can check the scan to see what you might have missed. Sometimes the slab is tricky to see flaws in. Plus with scans you get a much closer look at the flaws. Sorry to hear about the FF#48's, but at least the ASM# 300 is a good grade.

Still waiting on my 4 moderns from Wizard World LA to come back. sorry.gif

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

They didn't post ONLINE, but I phoned in and got the info. I'm off my High Horse and off to some cold beers.

Ouch. That Amazing Spider-Man #300 is not too far from where you guessed, but what happened on the FF#48s? You said 9.0 and 9.4, right? That's pretty far off the mark. You should get an Overstreet Grading Guide. confused-smiley-013.gif

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

Ouch. That Amazing Spider-Man #300 is not too far from where you guessed, but what happened on the FF#48s? You said 9.0 and 9.4, right? That's pretty far off the mark. You should get an Overstreet Grading Guide. confused-smiley-013.gif

haven't you hit 3000 yet?

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

Nope. Need three more. sign-offtopic.gif

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

dont' waste time here...go post something. thumbsup2.gif

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

Like what? confused-smiley-013.gif

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

you could go start a flame war with someone...works for me. hi.gif

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

you could go start a flame war with someone...works for me. hi.gif

Nah, I want my 3,000th to be meaningful. Hey, only one more now! Gotta go hit Redhook's thread!

Does CGC provide you with a copy of the grading notes summary when they deliver your slab?

nope, you need to call their Customer Service, they're very helpful. Make sure you have the serial number.

Fantastic Four #48 5.5

Fantastic Four #48 7.5

Hey bull, sorry to hear that, but at least you were pretty close on the ASM 300. 9.6 is not a bad grade at all. As for the FF 48s, I think this is a good example of how CGC has definitely helped to tighten grading standards, and perhaps headed off some disputes. Imagine if you had sold these raw on eBay as a 9.0 and 9.4, respectively, and then gotten into a huge dispute with the buyer who saw that these were mid-grade books. If you were inclined to sell now, there will be no dispute over the slabbed books, and this will help you to tighten the grading on any raw books you might sell in the future.

Are you still submitting the rest of the books that you listed?

None yet ...out of 4000 plus in my collection..I have alot of high grade books but I'm waiting to see if it a fad or here to stay. popcorn.gif

Fad or not, if your books are high grade (9.6 or better), SELL while the Speculators are out in full force!!!

By the way,

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS