• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Con question about Boardies

30 posts in this topic

Honest question. How do you identify boardies that you're not familiar with for the first time? I obviously know the bigger dealers, but I'm sure I've met a lot of you at shows and didn't know who you were. It'd be great for one or two designated shows to wear some sort of identifying tag (not like a name tag) so we could all meet some of the ones we read every day.

Typically another board member points the ones you don't know to the other. At this last Baltimore Con, I pointed out Baltimore Lauren (who I had met at a con dinner last year) to comics_n_erb. Then MisterX came by to see comics_n_erb and then I introduced myself to him (for him to remember me b/c I hadn't replied to a PM from him :sorry: ) and then we both met recent board member Baz b/c we had arranged to meet at a specific booth. As you see, nothing's organized but it's the network that lets you know who's who. The best way to get started is to attend a board dinner and the flood gates open. I saw a lot of other boardies at this show but didn't have time to stop and talk to them: McMiles, Timmay, ..

I wear a lime green pimp outfit to all cons, complete with faux diamond tipped cane, top hat and rhinestone festooned pimp cup. Keep an eye out for me.

Damn, so do I.

Great. Now I'll never tell my rodan from my fingh

I wear a lime green pimp outfit to all cons, complete with faux diamond tipped cane, top hat and rhinestone festooned pimp cup. Keep an eye out for me.

Damn, so do I.

Great. Now I'll never tell my rodan from my fingh

The nose knows.

:headbang:

sean-pimp.jpg

Oh my biscuits & gravy :o

:headbang:

sean-pimp.jpg

Oh my biscuits & gravy :o

Double :roflmao:

Typically another board member points the ones you don't know to the other. At this last Baltimore Con, I pointed out Baltimore Lauren (who I had met at a con dinner last year) to comics_n_erb. Then MisterX came by to see comics_n_erb and then I introduced myself to him (for him to remember me b/c I hadn't replied to a PM from him :sorry: ) and then we both met recent board member Baz b/c we had arranged to meet at a specific booth. As you see, nothing's organized but it's the network that lets you know who's who. The best way to get started is to attend a board dinner and the flood gates open. I saw a lot of other boardies at this show but didn't have time to stop and talk to them: McMiles, Timmay, ..

No worries, Scrooge, it was great to meet you and Comics_n_erb in person!

I recognized quite a few boardies from their pictures but I did not introduce myself as they were usually pretty busy or involved in conversations.

Honest question. How do you identify boardies that you're not familiar with for the first time?

Smell.

Oh sorry, I forgot, I don't meet up with any.