• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BDW Report!

14 posts in this topic

BDW(Birthday Weekend) Report :

The wife asked me what I wanted to do for my 42nd Birthday and I was thinking of going up to the

Balt'more Con but I chose to do something with the fam instead...

I have been down to Charlotte so many times for Heroes Con but I've never taken the wife and

kid down to enjoy the city.

There's a nice exotic zoo that we stopped on the way in Mooresville, NC called the Lazy 5 Ranch:

1_2011aug.jpg

2_2011aug.jpg

3_2011aug.jpg

4_2011aug.jpg

5_2011aug.jpg

6_2011aug.jpg

7_2011aug.jpg

8_2011aug.jpg

We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, NC

It's a mountain themed resort/water park and it had every water ride imaginable...

9_2011aug.jpg

10_2011aug.jpg

11_2011aug.jpg

12_2011aug.jpg

13_2011aug.jpg

14_2011aug.jpg

15_2011aug.jpg

We had a great BD dinner in Up Town Charlotte at a place that is slowly becoming my favorite restaurant "131 Main!"

The Prime Rib was to Die For!!!!

114829.jpg

Even son's kid dinner was over the top...

114830.jpg

To top it off I had a really good Comic Buddy in town give me a fantastic BD gift...

A Brand New set of Gerber Photo Journals!!!!!!

16_2011aug.jpg

GREAT BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Took the grand kids to the Lazy 5 Ranch when they were around 7 and 9. Had the funniest time we've ever had with them. We still talk about the ostrich trying to eat my wife's food while we were looking the other way at the llamas. Stuck his head in the car window and wouldn't take it out. Hilarious. (Wouldn't have been so funny if it had happened to me.)

Not to rain on your parade, but I hate seeing these kinds of animals held in captivity in some suburban, redneck petting zoo. The conditions especially in pictures 3 and 7 look pretty deplorable. These kinds of animals were specifically put in an ecosystem at the beginning of time by whomever so that they could naturally survive and adapt on their own. State funded zoos take in animals who have been injured or cannot for whatever reason survive on their own. They aren't meant to be kept as pets or petted and fed by passerbyers. I cannot believe some hole place like this exists in the United States, and I wouldn't be surprised if the animal part of it lasts for more than a few more months as governmental intervention and/or organizations will surely thwart the park's plans from further progressing, happening and/or existing.

Open since May 22, 1993.

Not quite a red neck zoo, but that is just my take on it. Having been to zoos as far away as Australia, it has a pretty good mix of free roaming animals, habitat enclosures and variety of animals. The giraffe exhibit is quite large, looking at the picture does it no justice as that is only a small part of the open enclosure. Not quite the African plain mind you.

http://www.lazy5ranch.com/index.html