• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: funny auction on eBay

70 posts in this topic

When it was at aboot $15K I think there was a legitimate bidder. Some rich guy that may have appreciated the humor in it. Some total jerkwads are playing around. That could have destroyed this guy's mini-windfall. I just e-mailed him to let him know that he could cancel and block certain bidders if he wanted to. ------Sid

Yeah, it's really sad now. $15,000,000 and climbing by the minute. Just a bunch of losers who want to play in a famous auction. He needs to figure out who is real, then do a lot of cancelling.

When it was at aboot $15K I think there was a legitimate bidder. Some rich guy that may have appreciated the humor in it. Some total jerkwads are playing around. That could have destroyed this guy's mini-windfall. I just e-mailed him to let him know that he could cancel and block certain bidders if he wanted to. ------Sid

Probably his ex getting her final dig into him. BTW, i thought there were special requirements for bidding over $10,000 much less $15 million?

Probably his ex getting her final dig into him. BTW, i thought there were special requirements for bidding over $10,000 much less $15 million?

I'm not certain, but I think you have to put those in place before the auction starts, as when you have a very valuable item and each bid has to be verified. This guy started it at a buck.

It's now at $45,000,100,000 and climbing. But that number will change as soon as I post this message. It's changing by the second.

Pov, you fool! Don't you see??? Joanna has ANOTHER message board!!!! SHE'S CHEATING ON US!!!!!!!!!!!

Never! Joanna is like Wonder Woman. True of heart. Steel of conviction! Such talk! SUCH talk! frown.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Don't you mean "Such TALK!"? confused.gif

No - I mean "SUCH talk." Talk is the verb but TALK - unto itself - has no qualitative meaning. SUCH adds the quality to talk that I intended. So go back to your whatever and do whatever it is you do in your whatever and also please wish me luck at the upcoming Wonderon. (oh - provided a freebie spelling error if you want to take advantage of!)

Boy, Khaos, I pay you a compliment and you turn on me.

It's a work-related message board. Bunch of writers. Not comic-related at all.

The dress appears stuck at $99,999,999.00. I wonder if ebay doesn't go any higher? And it appears he did just cancel a bid. Maybe he'll cancel some more.

Pov, you fool! Don't you see??? Joanna has ANOTHER message board!!!! SHE'S CHEATING ON US!!!!!!!!!!!

Never! Joanna is like Wonder Woman. True of heart. Steel of conviction! Such talk! SUCH talk! frown.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

This is why I adore Mr. Row.

No - I mean "SUCH talk." Talk is the verb but TALK - unto itself - has no qualitative meaning. SUCH adds the quality to talk that I intended. So go back to your whatever and do whatever it is you do in your whatever and also please wish me luck at the upcoming Wonderon. (oh - provided a freebie spelling error if you want to take advantage of!)

You also ended a sentence with a preposition. smirk.gifshy.gif

You also ended a sentence with a preposition.

Yes, I did. Why? Because these boards are more spoken than written. The text is typed by necessity. The thoughts are usally those which are spoken.

One must take into consideration context. Without proper context, much meaning may be lost.

PS - Nyah nyah! tongue.giftongue.gif

::yeah yeah - edited for a freaking typo!::

Actually, I would disagree. In this case, I would be so bold as to say that the word "talk" is not functioning as a verb. It is clearly a noun. Regardless, your "emphasis" argument holds no water!

Boy, Khaos, I pay you a compliment and you turn on me.

It's a work-related message board. Bunch of writers. Not comic-related at all.

The dress appears stuck at $99,999,999.00. I wonder if ebay doesn't go any higher? And it appears he did just cancel a bid. Maybe he'll cancel some more.

JOANNA! I would NEVER turn on you! Honestly. BTW, I have news. Exciting news. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with.

(This is the 14,032,927th time I have used this joke on the board! acclaim.gif )

Actually, I would disagree. In this case, I would be so bold as to say that the word "talk" is not functioning as a verb. It is clearly a noun. Regardless, your "emphasis" argument holds no water!

Well, my dear Clarkerosity, you make a fine case for TALK as the noun and SUCH as an adjective. SO lettuce agree that TALK in this instance is a noun. I maintain that the NOUN talk and also the VERB talk are passive, and awaiting n\modifiers. And I believe that noun or verb, SUCH is the awaited modifier. So go and look for the freaking typo! tongue.gif

PS - hi.gif

Well, my dear Clarkerosity, you make a fine case for TALK as the noun and SUCH as an adjective. SO lettuce agree that TALK in this instance is a noun. I maintain that the NOUN talk and also the VERB talk are passive, and awaiting n\modifiers. And I believe that noun or verb, SUCH is the awaited modifier. So go and look for the freaking typo! tongue.gif

PS - hi.gif

lol Are you talking about "Wonderon"? I mean, I'm not sure, I'm just... wonderon. BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

hi.gif

lol Are you talking about "Wonderon"? I mean, I'm not sure, I'm just... wonderon. BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Yep - that be it - of COURSE it took a hint to have you get it - but nevermind about that. You missed my 2nd typo in the subsequent post. You be slipping like a 1983 Mazda RX-7 with no more juicew in the clutch's hydraulic cylinder!

Errr - have not seen any rejoibder re: the verb vs noun concept I offered.

A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with.

(This is the 14,032,927th time I have used this joke on the board! acclaim.gif )

Yet you only have 536 posts, SHILL!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif