• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: funny auction on eBay

70 posts in this topic

Well, the auction is a little over half over and I am just amazed. This thing has taken more hits than that pothead that lives in the next building.

Well that explains a lot! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Other emails are serious buyers asking about the dress. "How long is the train?" and "Does the gown come with the headdress and veil?" Yes, headdress and veil are included, but the do-rag stays with me.

Over a million hits and a bid of $930 right now, not bad. I think it's him and not his neighbor taking the all those other hits.

CRC

My wife found it; she likes to cruise around for baby stuff and my sister is getting married in July.

I just noticed the blacked out face and thought about the Hammer pictures that used to pop up now and then on here smile.gif

Funniest auction I've seen in a while. Nice! thumbsup2.gif

This part made me laugh especially heartily:

A lot of folks were asking me if I wear women’s dresses a lot. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever donned female attire. It’s also the first time I’ve been inside something feminine that didn’t nag me to take out the garbage.

My wife found it; she likes to cruise around for baby stuff and my sister is getting married in July.

I just noticed the blacked out face and thought about the Hammer pictures that used to pop up now and then on here smile.gif

They've been talking about that auction on talk radio today (KGO in Northern California). Over a million hits... not bad.

They've been talking about that auction on talk radio today (KGO in Northern California). Over a million hits... not bad.

I live in Northern VA/DC and only talk radio I caught today was the conservative right wing hosts...no mention of this confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe someone told my wife (I emailed a link to a couple of buddies I know would get a kick out of it), she just showed me when I got home tongiht confused-smiley-013.gifsmile.gif

It’s also the first time I’ve been inside something feminine that didn’t nag me to take out the garbage.

I was gonna post that too - hilarious! And have you seen the current bid? A 1299 feedback bidder at $10,999. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When it was at aboot $15K I think there was a legitimate bidder. Some rich guy that may have appreciated the humor in it. Some total jerkwads are playing around. That could have destroyed this guy's mini-windfall. I just e-mailed him to let him know that he could cancel and block certain bidders if he wanted to. ------Sid