• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Worth What? AF 15 CGC 8.5 vs. Lamborghini Spyder

29 posts in this topic

I just now flipped on some new show called "It's Worth WHAT?" where contestants have to guess values of collectibles. First item up was an Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC graded 8.5 (Universal) and the contestants had to guess whether it was worth more than a 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.

Without checking GPA or googling the car, which would you say is worth more? hm

According to them, the AF 15 is worth $160K and the Lamborghini $238K.

GPA says they are way high on the AF 15 (last sale $110K).

Not sure exactly what options the car had, but after a little checking they were much closer on it

Yes I'm bored, but a pretty amusing show...and yes, the contestants correctly chose the car. You'd think they would use a car that cost less to fool them a little, they were clearly flabbergasted that the comic was worth anywhere near 6 figures.

Which book was Roy's?

The AF 15 from today, or DD 1 from last week (shrug)

I think both. (shrug) Man Roy has the sheit does'nt he. :sick: (green with envy)

What am I missing here? ???

Has this been discussed before, with a boardie (Roy?) loaning books to the show?

Which book was Roy's?

I think both. (shrug) Man Roy has the sheit does'nt he. :sick: (green with envy)

Has this been discussed before, with a boardie (Roy?) loaning books to the show?

The DD #1 was mine. I started a thread about the show because

a) it was about collectibles

b) I found out about the show when mrwoogieman posted a thread here in general looking for people to donate books to the show.

This is a link to the previous week's items

http://www.nbc.com/its-worth-what/photos/what-its-worth-week-5/8326/#item=192575

I don't know who owned the AF #15.

(shrug)

Which book was Roy's?

The DD #1 was mine. I started a thread about the show because

a) it was about collectibles

b) I found out about the show when mrwoogieman posted a thread here in general looking for people to donate books to the show.

This is a link to the previous week's items

http://www.nbc.com/its-worth-what/photos/what-its-worth-week-5/8326/#item=192575

I don't know who owned the AF #15.

(shrug)

Cool, thanks! (thumbs u

Which book was Roy's?

The DD #1 was mine.

Very Cool Roy :headbang:

Which book was Roy's?

The DD #1 was mine.

Yup. I forgot all about the show as we were coming back from Chicago but my kids were flipping channels last Tuesday night and just happened to flip onto NBC as my book was on the show and they recognized it. It was pretty exciting when they told me that they caught it.

Which book was Roy's?

The DD #1 was mine.

+1

Just curious, were you compensated at all for lending them the book...and did you get it back yet? (with no scratches on the case I hope!)

Which book was Roy's?

The DD #1 was mine.

+1

Just curious, were you compensated at all for lending them the book...and did you get it back yet? (with no scratches on the case I hope!)

Book was returned a long time ago (I had it on the wall in SD).

Compensation was just the coolness of having my kids see my book on the network.

I just now flipped on some new show called "It's Worth WHAT?" where contestants have to guess values of collectibles. First item up was an Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC graded 8.5 (Universal) and the contestants had to guess whether it was worth more than a 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.

Without checking GPA or googling the car, which would you say is worth more? hm

af 15